Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would have thought that painstakingly obvious, when was the last time a march on a similar scope and scale affected anything at all?
What do you expect to come from it? All it does is emphasize the fact they are not best pleased at the result. In short i am saying it would need a hell of a lot bigger march to make anyone in power take notice above the rim of their whisky glass. If this march affects some sort of change fair play but i won't hold my breathe.

I find your attitude the exact essence of what has been highlighted as the 'lefts' failings, that is if you are the same perfect fumble from the brexit thread :-D. In a nutshell an unwarranted attempted position of intellectual authority and a polarized outlook on any opinion that did not meet your own personal ideals with rhetoric of racism and being generally thick and such. It was just poor form in my mind and ironically twas intellectually lazy at best, and at worst an inability to see and understand the world in front of your eyes. I should note i am not right wing but centrist and more than that, a humanist.

If it was not you then please ignore the above paragraph :-D

I would have thought that painstakingly obvious, when was the last time a march on a similar scope and scale affected anything at all?
What do you expect to come from it? All it does is emphasize the fact they are not best pleased at the result. In short i am saying it would need a hell of a lot bigger march to make anyone in power take notice above the rim of their whisky glass. If this march affects some sort of change fair play but i won't hold my breathe.

I find your attitude the exact essence of what has been highlighted as the 'lefts' failings, that is if you are the same perfect fumble from the brexit thread :-D. In a nutshell an unwarranted attempted position of intellectual authority and a polarized outlook on any opinion that did not meet your own personal ideals with rhetoric of racism and being generally thick and such. It was just poor form in my mind and ironically twas intellectually lazy at best, and at worst an inability to see and understand the world in front of your eyes. I should note i am not right wing but centrist and more than that, a humanist.

It's me, as for...

"painstakingly obvious"

"poor form"

"intellectually lazy"

"inability to see and understand the world in front of your eyes"

Yet I'm the one with the "polarized outlook"

A centrist? Centre of what precisely? The Daily Mail and the Daily Express.

Last edited:

It won't effect any outcome. They've got the right to protest, but in reality it's a waste of time.

Not had chance to watch it yet but from his interview last night he won't take any salary whilst president.

Republican President-elect Donald Trump said he’s “fine” with same-sex marriage as the law of the land, calling the issue "settled" by the Supreme Court.

"I am so saddened to hear that," Trump told CBS' Lesley Stahl on "60 Minutes" when she said Latinos and Muslims are facing harassment. "And I say, 'Stop it.' If it -- if it helps, I will say this, and I will say right to the cameras: 'Stop it.'"

Such a shame so many people have been brainwashed by CNN during the election campaign and just repeat the rhetoric that "he hates gays!".

Last edited:
I do recognize these people's absolute opposition to Trump but this will do nothing but waste away a Sunday for those marching. I am not saying they should not demonstrate but it seems like an exercise in futility.

I don't normally believe that demonstrationss achieve anything. Although when I was a student a mate went on any and every march because he reckoned he always got his leg over afterwards.

But I think these demos might actually have an effect. Trump is clearly going through a process of deciding which of his polices he's actually going to try to implement and which are going to be redefined as "campaign talk". He seems to be quite malleable when it comes to changing his mind. So I dont think its futile that he's being reminded on a daily basis that half the country are not in favour of buiding a wall, banning muslims from entering the US etc.

Thank fuck it is not me going mad. For such a supposed top paper their site comes across as childish tbh. Sadly the daily mash is the same, i used to enjoy some of the banter articles on that site. Even The Atlantic has been a bit annoying but has redeemed it's self with it's usual more comprehensive and in depth articles now essentially saying 'look we fucked up as democrats with a narrow minded polarized unwarranted view we were right and anyone else is a racist twat; it was overly simplistic lets review this shall we'

Shame they did not see what i and many others saw clear as day, that is a worry as humans are not great at eating humble pie and holding their hands up when they were wrong. That is to say, i hope The Atlantic pulls more centre from the left now. I enjoy reading their balanced articles, voting seems to send Americans more nuts than usual.

That's the crux of their loss. That and choosing a crooked, lying woman, rapist forgiving woman, with blood on her hands as a candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.