Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each state gets a minimum of three electoral votes, regardless of population, which gives low-population states a disproportionate vote share. By giving more per capita voting power to the less populated states, the Electoral College gives extra power to voters in those states.

Again I have no opinion either way on which is better but the criticisms are explained much better here http://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...college-explained-presidential-elections-2016

For someone who has no opinion either way on the electoral college you do go on about quite a lot, would you have had as big a 'no opinion' about it if Clinton had won.

Last edited:
For someone who has no opinion either way on the electoral college you do go on about quite a lot, would you have had as big a 'no opinion' about it if Clinton had won.

I've already said yes. I go on about it as people keep asking questions.

Plus, Trump repeatedly said he'd contest the result if he lost as the election was rigged, so not like Trump supporters would keep quiet - and no I'm not a Clinton fan.

I wonder if Brexit would have won in the UK under an Electoral College-type structure.

I think the EC is kind of silly but I can see its point and I certainly find the post-election bashing of it by those whose candidate lost ironic if not outright lame.
By a landslide I'd assume if London and Manchester counted for less than they do at present.

The one thing that will stop Trump doing anything too stupid is that the only thing he cares about is his own wealth and power. He won't do anything that will upset the economy too much as his main concern is accumulating billions so any collapse in real estate brought about by a failing economy will hurt him in his pocket. Anyone who already has money in today's America will do fine. It's the poor sods at the bottom who will get shat on even more than they do already and ironically they're the ones who got him elected.

Based on the Cabinet he is assembling, low income Americans, people on the cusp of having no healthcare, and people who don't want to go to war need to be very very afraid. You ain't seen nuthin yet!

As you correctly state, it won't affect me because I'm fortunate enough to have a good job, company healthcare (for which I pay $10,000/yr, but good healthcare nonetheless), and too old to go to war...but tens of millions who DID vote for him are about to get the "bucket of cold water in the face while sleeping" treatment! He went to closed/closing factories and told laid off workers he would bring their jobs back! I remember one particularly poignant news report of some poor slob who stated outright that he would vote for Trump SOLELY because he said he would bring his job back!! Felt very sad for the guy, then realized that his vote was one of only a few thousand that won the state and realized Trump's lies were literally those of a snake oil salesman who was moving to a new town tomorrow and all yesterday's promises were null and void.

Now, I'm just waiting for the stock market honeymoon to fade when they realize that all those things they immediately got excited about won't happen for 12-24 months...unless Congress is simply going to rubber stamp every damned thing he wants and not replace those laws with anything else! Anyone want to watch 20 million low income Americans lose the healthcare they only just got a few years ago?! Anyone want to watch their Social Security (Old Age Pension) become a voucher they can put in the stock market? Yeah, that'll end well!! At least it will for the people who make a buck every time someone buys or sells anything!

We are about to find out what the experiment of having a "businessman" run the country like a business looks like. "Right to work" in America means NO UNIONS ALLOWED and the number of states about to enact such legislation is about to explode...more good news for the low income workers!

No need to be sad......a closing factory in Indiana has just been saved, 1000 jobs staying, instead of going to Mexico
Don't know how Trump found the time to do that, must of stopped counting his money or summut
Whatever way you spin it,that's a middle digit for the lefties to sit and swivel on ,for sure,lol

No need to be sad......a closing factory in Indiana has just been saved, 1000 jobs staying, instead of going to Mexico
Don't know how Trump found the time to do that, must of stopped counting his money or summut
Whatever way you spin it,that's a middle digit for the lefties to sit and swivel on ,for sure,lol

Trump, achieving even though he hasnt taken over yet, not the incumbent president at all but the one who has done fuck all, seems legit. Maybe there is something in the CFFWS

Is everyone who doesn't support Trump a lefty?

Trump, achieving even though he hasnt taken over yet, not the incumbent president at all but the one who has done fuck all, seems legit. Maybe there is something in the CFFWS
It would make sense though, for any company thinking of moving to stay put in fear of import tariffs etc.

Not saying it's true but it's entirely believable.

can you give us a link please

Obama makes all the decisions and is in power until jan 20th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.