Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course.

Now why is an impossible to prove allegation suddenly appearing right as BK is getting nominated for the Supreme Court?

To serve the rule of law? Do me a favour.
The allegation was made when he was put on the shortlist, not when he was nominated. The Republicans knew, but still chose to push the nomination forward.

Of course.

Now why is an impossible to prove allegation suddenly appearing right as BK is getting nominated for the Supreme Court?

To serve the rule of law? Do me a favour.
Had this discussion with the wife the other day. A SC judge nomination is some pretty serious shit.

If I’d not reported someone sexually assaulting me many years ago and learned to live with with it and then saw there were about to undertake a lifetime post in a position of such authority then I could very much see myself deciding to make it public now. Wouldn’t you? You have no empathy with that line of reasoning if she’s telling the truth?

Why were you tell me on pm the other day how much you enjoy interfering with small farm animals?
You see me point though. He’s the fucking President. He shouldn’t be lying about the testimony of an alleged rape victim whilst an investigation is ongoing (or at any other time for that matter).

Had this discussion with the wife the other day. A SC judge nomination is some pretty serious shit.

If I’d not reported someone sexually assaulting me many years ago and learned to live with with it and then saw there were about to undertake a lifetime post in a position of such authority then I could very much see myself deciding to make it public now. Wouldn’t you? You have no empathy with that line of reasoning if she’s telling the truth?

If she's telling the truth, sure.

But he's was a hugely important figure in politics for the past 15 years in the US. It's not like he was chairing a Traffic Court in Bumfuck, Illinois before this.

If she's telling the truth, sure.

But he's was a hugely important figure in politics for the past 15 years in the US. It's not like he was chairing a Traffic Court in Bumfuck, Illinois before this.
Bit of a difference between being a high flying lawyer and being one of the most important dozen people in America for the next 40 years.

Maybe she valued her privacy that much.

You see me point though. He’s the fucking President. He shouldn’t be lying about the testimony of an alleged rape victim whilst an investigation is ongoing (or at any other time for that matter).

Of course, it's not the empathy that I'm having trouble with. It's the proving it's true.

And if she's mistaken or lying then the focus shifts from her being some great Crusader against injustice to her being a complete tool used in order to try and derail the political process.

If people don't want BK in then fine - get him on the things you can prove he's done. Don't give a full of holes testimony about an event 30 odd years ago and say that that is going to pass muster. And if he's done nothing then say "fuck him, he's a Republican" and do that instead.

It's the game aspect of this that really pisses me off, the idea that these people give a flying fuck and are fighting for justice against the evil Republicans. The Democrats in the US ALWAYS fight dirty, every time. There's not a nominee for any major position or any public figure who hasn't been called either thick, evil or racist by them.

Of course, it's not the empathy that I'm having trouble with. It's the proving it's true.

And if she's mistaken or lying then the focus shifts from her being some great Crusader against injustice to her being a complete tool used in order to try and derail the political process.

If people don't want BK in then fine - get him on the things you can prove he's done. Don't give a full of holes testimony about an event 30 odd years ago and say that that is going to pass muster. And if he's done nothing then say "fuck him, he's a Republican" and do that instead.

It's the game aspect of this that really pisses me off, the idea that these people give a flying fuck and are fighting for justice against the evil Republicans. The Democrats in the US ALWAYS fight dirty, every time. There's not a nominee for any major position or any public figure who hasn't been called either thick, evil or racist by them.
Whilst that may all be true, that’s not connected to what Trump is saying at that rally.

Even if I agreed with everything that Trump did politically, using his platform to straight out lie to a rally like that for the sake of his ego is fucking appalling.

“Senators have been muzzled. So I will now say three things that committee staff has explained are permissible to say without violating committee rules. … One: This was not a full and fair investigation. It was sharply limited in scope and did not explore the relevant confirming facts. Two: The available documents do not exonerate Mr. Kavanaugh.

And three: the available documents contradict statements Mr. Kavanaugh made under oath. I would like to back up these points with explicit statements from the FBI documents — explicit statements that should be available for the American people to see. But the Republicans have locked the documents behind closed doors.”

Senator Warren on the FBI report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.