Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst that may all be true, that’s not connected to what Trump is saying at that rally.

Even if I agreed with everything that Trump did politically, using his platform to straight out lie to a rally like that for the sake of his ego is fucking appalling.
He's just not taking on board what Trump has done, lying to his base and millions watching abt what a possible rape victim has said. It keeps boiling down to this free speech.

Last edited:
He's just not taking on board what Trump has done, lying to his base and millions watching abt what a possible rape victim has said. It keeps boiling down to this free speech.

No I'm taking it on board perfectly well. You're misrepresenting my point. Or believing that I'm somehow so dumb that I'm not able to grasp this spectacularly simple point.

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot muster any outrage because a politician has lied or said something out of context for political gain. Maybe that's because I've never yet come across one that hasn't done this, from Blair to Corbyn to Trump to JFK to Bush to Obama to my local Councillor.

And Trump isn't lying because of "his ego". That's a stupid idea. Trump lies for the same reason all politicians lie - it appeals to their base and solidifies tribalistic voting patterns.

One of the MAJOR problems with this thread is that people have switched off their brains when it comes to Trump. Instead they present him as a non-human cartoon character and ascribe him all of these whacky motivations that you'd see in a film rather than the much more simple and for my money, correct answer, that he's a politician.

No I'm taking it on board perfectly well. You're misrepresenting my point. Or believing that I'm somehow so dumb that I'm not able to grasp this spectacularly simple point.

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot muster any outrage because a politician has lied or said something out of context for political gain. Maybe that's because I've never yet come across one that hasn't done this, from Blair to Corbyn to Trump to JFK to Bush to Obama to my local Councillor.

And Trump isn't lying because of "his ego". That's a stupid idea. Trump lies for the same reason all politicians lie - it appeals to their base and solidifies tribalistic voting patterns.

One of the MAJOR problems with this thread is that people have switched off their brains when it comes to Trump. Instead they present him as a non-human cartoon character and ascribe him all of these whacky motivations that you'd see in a film rather than the much more simple and for my money, correct answer, that he's a politician.
I think you need to switch on your brain when it comes to Trump. Just saying he’s like every other politician is a million miles away from reality. Politicians get a bad press because they’re under constant scrutiny but if any normal politician told 1% of the blatant lies told by Trump their career would be over.

He’s the only sitting president that continues to do rally after rally when in power as opposed to when campaigning.

He does this for his ego.

This is why people question if you get simple points when you don’t understand simple points such as this.

Just saying he’s like every other politician is a million miles away from reality.

How?

Politicians get a bad press because they’re under constant scrutiny but if any normal politician told 1% of the blatant lies told by Trump their career would be over.

Almost every statement made by a politician is a lie to some degree. Perhaps not 100% but definitely in the 80%+ range. Trump isn't exceptional in that regard; he's more brazen about it but he's in no way exceptional.

He’s the only sitting president that continues to do rally after rally when in power as opposed to when campaigning.

He does this for his ego.

This is why people question if you get simple points when you don’t understand simple points such as this.

That's not a point, it's an opinion. You have no idea why he continues to do rallying.

I'd argue he does it because it's good for him politically to keep his base engaged and energised. You know, to win elections and stuff? The entire thing that he's trying to do?

That's not a point, it's an opinion. You have no idea why he continues to do rallying.

I'd argue he does it because it's good for him politically to keep his base engaged and energised. You know, to win elections and stuff? The entire thing that he's trying to do?
Not for the first time in this thread, you’re talking bollocks.

He’s doing this as he needs his ego massaging with yes people and yes crowds.

We’ll see if you theory is correct without a shadow of doubt if he stands for reelection.

Doubling and tripling down on his bullshit to appeal to his thick as pigshit redneck supporters.

Not for the first time in this thread, you’re talking bollocks.

He’s doing this as he needs his ego massaging with yes people and yes crowds.

We’ll see if you theory is correct without a shadow of doubt if he stands for reelection.

And not for the first time in this thread, you've confused your opinion with objective fact.

And "if he stands for re-election"? You think Trump, a man you describe as having an ego so large that he's literally running whole political rallies to make himself feel good, isn't going to stand for re-election?

Are you joking? Even IF your version was true that doesn't make any sense, let alone if my version was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.