Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an American, I'm absolutely embarrassed. I'm not surprised considering how fucking devoid of substance the majority of Americans are. Disgusted. Just my opinion though. Had to get it out somewhere because I'm not going outside today.

Yet the BBC just quoted that she got 93% of the black vote and 73% (or so - can't remember exactly) of the Hispanic vote

It will be 93% of the black vote that actually turned up to the polls, loads didnt bother

I usually stay away from politics, but fell the need to voice my opinion somewhere since this election was such a monumental historical event in the history of our country. As many of you guys know, I'm an American. I live (right outside) in DC. I'm completely shocked. Like many Americans, I honestly didn't think in a million years he'd win.

Waking up this morning after about 2 hours of sleep I'm not sure how to feel. Outrage, embarrassment, shock, disbelief as well as many other confusing emotions.

I am not a huge Clinton supporter, however I saw her as the less of two levels and voted for her. What I find so strange about this election is of the hundreds and hundreds of people I know I only know a handful of Trump supporters. I live in one of the most educated parts of the US, so I suppose that explains it, but I still find it shocking the election turned out the way it did. He not only won the electoral votes but the popular vote as well.

I'm a politically moderate, naturalized citizen, white, male, heterosexual, non-Islamic, middle class, millennial, and a small business owner. I will not have to worry about being deported, I will not have to worry about any of my civil rights being taken away. My day to day life will not be hugely effected by this election yet, I feel this country has made a huge mistake in electing Trump. How people could elect someone with so much hate and such an ugly personality baffles me.

I hope for the sake of the country that many of the ideas and platforms of his campaign were to provoke discussion and buzz around his candidacy. I'm hoping he will not actually be as radical of a president as he presented himself as a candidate. And honestly, I think he will tone the crazy stuff down a bit when it comes down to it.

As disappointing as it is that Trump has been elected I do hope and believe some positives will come from it. Personally, I think the American dual party political system is dogmatic and in need of an overhaul. Not saying it will happen overnight (or at all) but hopefully this will serve as a catalyst for change as people realize that we set ourselves up to choose from two candidates that the vast majority of people did not want either to be president.

For me this is strange, somewhat depressing day. I'm trying to remain positive, hoping Trump will help the economy as he is undeniably a great businessman.

However, the main emotion I'm feeling at the moment (besides shock) is embarrassing that our country chose such a heartless egomaniac to lead our country.

Thanks for letting me rant.

It's a bit like the uk no one ever admits voting Tory but plenty do, as for him being a heartless egomaniac most politicians especially leaders are egomaniacs it's just that most hide it as a good career move.

Yet the BBC just quoted that she got 93% of the black vote and 73% (or so - can't remember exactly) of the Hispanic vote

93 per cent of what though? 93 per cent of the black voting block who chose to vote this time around - it will be very interesting to see if they can work out the percentage drop from the previous election.

And 27 per cent of the Hispanic vote for Trump is HUGE, considering what he ran on.

In essence, that percentage right there may have made all the difference, certainly in the popular vote, which means jack shit, obviously.

It's no coincidence that the (generally) more sophisticated and outward looking states on the west coast and the north east coast voted for Clinton while most (but not all) of Trump's successes were in the states in the middle and south of the country where there are a lot of hicks, rednecks, isolationists and reactionaries. Cloetus and Billy Bob have got a lot to answer for.

As an American, I'm absolutely embarrassed. I'm not surprised considering how fucking devoid of substance the majority of Americans are. Disgusted. Just my opinion though. Had to get it out somewhere because I'm not going outside today.

He Dominated the vote in Louisiana?

He even got the Hispanic vote there..Any reason?

I just hope he's as good as his word and he does a quick trade deal with the UK.

It would be quite a novelty to have a US president who is actually pro British for once after 8 years of "BRITISH Petroleum" and "back of the queue" Obama.

Chances of WW3 just reduced as well now Hillary has lost.

93 per cent of what though? 93 per cent of the black voting block who chose to vote this time around - it will be very interesting to see if they can work out the percentage drop from the previous election.

And 27 per cent of the Hispanic vote for Trump is HUGE, considering what he ran on.

In essence, that percentage right there may have made all the difference, certainly in the popular vote, which means jack shit, obviously.
Trump getting 27% of the Hispsnic vote tells you a lot about human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.