Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
It usually takes years before a president is invited to have a state visit,invite him over for talks by all means but it's desperate to beg him to come to meet the queen 3 days into his first term and to think people hated blair for slobbering over george bush
Nothing wrong with slobbering over bush in my view ;-)

Is the converse also true that removing say car manufacture and other employers before brexit happens a no go ?
I doubt it. Large European companies will have contacts in the EU and could possibly find out whether they wanted to screw us or not, and they'll also have the UK view from local politicians.
There's nothing to stop them pulling out during the negotiating phase if they get nervous. Companies of other nationalities may look for good offers to set up sites in the EU.
The EU is scared shitless than others may want out. They'll give us a hard time just to discourage the others.

It usually takes years before a president is invited to have a state visit,invite him over for talks by all means but it's desperate to beg him to come to meet the queen 3 days into his first term and to think people hated blair for slobbering over george bush

They should announce that, due to the Queen's advanced years, all future state visits will be hosted by Prince Charles.

Well we should definitely only ever do what we have always done. To do something different is absolutely crazy, you're quite right. Especially when it helps the country's position in other, concurrent negotiations.

Our PM going there isn't a "State Visit".

The reciprocal would be a visit by the Queen.

FWIW I think this is going to put off for as long as possible.
Call it whatever the fuck you want.

He's been invited over by the bird he just had over. It's nice to be nice and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.