Donald Trump

The nearest we had was Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour Live “festival”. A brilliant case study on what happens when you only listen to your own little echo chamber of fanatics!
I think the festival of brexit had similar vibes.

Trump world does seem to be struggling right now. I wonder what the cost/income dynamic is on a Trump rally. I assume that these gigs are part campaign part fundraiser. But the fundraiser bit is I guess highly variable. Trump has been on the go non stop milking the base. Does he still make money or does it cost him to put these things on.

The bloke is completely fucking insane. Anyone who cannot see this, doesn’t have an opinion that is worth a single wank.
Well there's tens of millions of American voters who can't see it, for one.

You're quite right though. He makes Liz Truss sound like the Oxford University Professor of Logic.

I think the festival of brexit had similar vibes.

Trump world does seem to be struggling right now. I wonder what the cost/income dynamic is on a Trump rally. I assume that these gigs are part campaign part fundraiser. But the fundraiser bit is I guess highly variable. Trump has been on the go non stop milking the base. Does he still make money or does it cost him to put these things on.
Completely unsurprisingly, he’s got a bit of a track record for not paying his bills to the places that host his rallies. Any idiot can make money with that business model.

He’s got this very weird obsession with crowd sizes.

I listened to a bit of that crazy press conference and he started going on about his crowd sizes compared to Martin Luther King, really wacky stuff.
Apparently it goes back to when he was rejected as a child by his dad, and he has spent his life since then trying to gain respect and even love (though I doubt he knows what love is) to prove to himself, more than anyone, that he is a worthy likeable human being.
He isn’t a worthy or likeable human being, but he has succeeded in surrounding himself with sycophants and zealots, none of whom are worthy or likeable but who tell him he is, and he believes every word they say because his ego and self-esteem demand it.
He has a very loose grasp of anything outside himself.

Well there's tens of millions of American voters who can't see it, for one.

You're quite right though. He makes Liz Truss sound like the Oxford University Professor of Logic.
Many of them can see it. But they are “owning the libs”. They are victorious in lives full of losses. They don’t have what others get, whether that’s a corporate jet, a kid at Harvard, a nice dinner at Texas Roadhouse, a paid medical bill or a spouse. Social media has made them keenly aware of their possessional shortcomings. What grievances you have against others, whatever jealousy, it can be solved by supporting Trump and angering/irritating/trolling those who don’t. I can’t explain the rich who should know better supporting him intellectually other than fear of Democratic policies intended to hurt them financially, but the vast majority of MAGA aren’t that and have some axe to grind, and supporting Trump both gives them hope of their team winning and a chance to hurt those they dislike/are jealous of. And of course — among many white folk, that includes the things government “gives” to non-white folks. I’m simplifying obviously. But this goes well beyond politics — it’s defining a world of haves and have nots with Trump focusing hate on any and everything others possess that his supporters do not. There’s also an awful lot of denial about where the GOP is — “I’ve always supported Republicans; Trump is a Republican; therefore, I support Trump” — without a thought or care as to who he is beyond that. They can’t bring themselves to alter a life-long conviction in their “beliefs” — it’s too hard, too painful, too much work, maybe too embarrassing. So anchoring, cognitive dissonance, etc. too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.