Donald Trump

A huge number of Trump voters are probably insane to a degree. Millions of low information voters who just don't care enough or don't have the intelligence to question what they are seeing on fox and other shitty media outfits. But plenty of genuinely mentally flawed individuals who are intelligent but seem to be attracted to the weird narcissist.
If you were to show me Trump in isolation, what he says, what he’s done, how incoherent he is, the fact he’s manifestly suffering from cognitive decline and is most likely clinically insane and throw his age into the mix through the prism of an election for a four year term, and asked me what percentage of the vote he could secure in a mature democracy - and I’d guess at no more than 15%.

If you were to show me Trump in isolation, what he says, what he’s done, how incoherent he is, the fact he’s manifestly suffering from cognitive decline and is most likely clinically insane and throw his age into the mix through the prism of an election for a four year term, and asked me what percentage of the vote he could secure in a mature democracy - and I’d guess at no more than 15%.
Yeah, but this is America.

Yeah. The RFK bid is similarly beset by having a terrible candidate with questionable mental acuity. Having only a notable name and without the support of fox and the gop machine he struggled in low single digit support. Exactly where Trump would be on merit alone.

It always amazes me that people can do these ridiculous, piss-easy driving tests, get themselves an international driving licence, and legally drive somewhere with actual standards. I did the Vietnamese one once. It's exactly like it was on Top Gear.
Americans do tend to struggle when driving in the UK. Usually because they aren't used to driving in tight spaces and narrow lanes (unless they're from New York).

Watching on from the outside it's like a TV drama, deep in season 3 and heading for a huge cliffhanger with the election result.

Americans have the choice for season 4. Is it going to be Trump 2nd term and project 25, or Trump trials unleashed and the jailing of MAGA.

I'm hoping for one of the best court room dramas of all time. I find it crazy the polls are even close.
I haven't been this excited since someone shot JR.

I'm not sure we should be gloating too much. A substantial minority in the UK would love Nigel Farage as PM.

That's about as sane as wanting me to play centre-forward for the rags.
More insanity included.

I'm not sure we should be gloating too much. A substantial minority in the UK would love Nigel Farage as PM.

That's about as sane as wanting me to play centre-forward for City.
Sad but true.
Same in just about every country.

And when someone who doesn’t abide by societal norms when it comes to honesty and integrity is prepared to appeal to the uneducated with promises that they have no intention of fulfilling and are supported by unscrupulous billionaires who own popular media outlets, anything can happen. That’s what brought us Trump, Johnson and any number of other cunts around the world that have misused democratic processes to meet their own ambitions and those of their billionaire sponsors. Obviously the democratic processes are not fit for purposes if they can be subverted but presumably when they were put in place they didn’t fully anticipate the lengths that tyrants would go to to get round them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.