Donald Trump

It’s to set up the MAGA crowd that the election was fixed when he loses when his base think he has a 20 point lead.
Precisely. It's great investment. It pushes the narrative that Trump is winning which demoraliz(s)es the opposition, helps serve as the "election was fixed" backstop if he loses, and pays off if he somehow wins.

Does it demoralize them or does it make them more determined to vote?
I don’t know that the average person is paying much attention to betting lines. You might be right. At this point I doubt there’s many undecideds so it’s all about turnout. I hope rally turnout is indicative of voter turnout.

I don’t know that the average person is paying much attention to betting lines. You might be right. At this point I doubt there’s many undecideds so it’s all about turnout. I hope rally turnout is indicative of voter turnout.
I think it's more about the apathy around his events than it is the success of Kamala's. This is such a weird cycle since it's the first time in over 100 years somebody who lost a general election after being POTUS is running again so people know what they're getting with that sack of shit. Basically he can't afford to even lose a sliver of his support since it wasn't even enough back in 2020 so between 1/6 and his dance party there's no way he's not losing a big chunk of his support. I'd be shocked if this isn't called before midnight on election night.

Also, (and I know this is purely anecdotal) I was just in one of the most red towns in one of the most red counties in PA and I didn't see a single one of his signs on a street w/ 60+ houses while also seeing multiple signs for Kamala. That shouldn't happen unless something is really wrong with the GQP candidate.

WHAT ELON MUSK REALLY WANTS

The Tesla and X mogul has long dreamed of redesigning the world in his own extreme image. Trump may be his Trojan horse.

OCTOBER 19, 2024

In Elon Musk’s vision of human history, Donald Trump is the singularity. If Musk can propel Trump back to the White House, it will mark the moment that his own superintelligence merges with the most powerful apparatus on the planet, the American government—not to mention the business opportunity of the century.

Many other titans of Silicon Valley have tethered themselves to Trump. But Musk is the one poised to live out the ultimate techno-authoritarian fantasy. With his influence, he stands to capture the state, not just to enrich himself. His entanglement with Trump will be an Ayn Rand novel sprung to life, because Trump has explicitly invited Musk into the government to play the role of the master engineer, who redesigns the American state—and therefore American life—in his own image.

Musk’s pursuit of this dream clearly transcends billionaire hobbyism. Consider the personal attention and financial resources that he is pouring into the former president’s campaign. According to The New York Times, Musk has relocated to Pennsylvania to oversee Trump’s ground game there. That is, he’s running the infrastructure that will bring voters to the polls. In service of this cause, he’s imported top talent from his companies, and he reportedly plans on spending $500 million on it. That doesn’t begin to account for the value of Musk’s celebrity shilling, and the way he has turned X into an informal organ of the campaign.

I think it's more about the apathy around his events than it is the success of Kamala's. This is such a weird cycle since it's the first time in over 100 years somebody who lost a general election after being POTUS is running again so people know what they're getting with that sack of shit. Basically he can't afford to even lose a sliver of his support since it wasn't even enough back in 2020 so between 1/6 and his dance party there's no way he's not losing a big chunk of his support. I'd be shocked if this isn't called before midnight on election night.

Also, (and I know this is purely anecdotal) I was just in one of the most red towns in one of the most red counties in PA and I didn't see a single one of his signs on a street w/ 60+ houses while also seeing multiple signs for Kamala. That shouldn't happen unless something is really wrong with the GQP candidate.
Come to this neck of the woods, there are Trump signs everywhere

Come to this neck of the woods, there are Trump signs everywhere

Plenty of Trump signs in midcoast and Downeast Maine, as well.

But it is important to remember that signs aren’t actually a particularly good gauge of voting volume, for many reasons.

I'm not sure about this one, as all the betting markets have moved to a similar extent. Obviously they are strongly linked, as any differences between online markets tend to be mopped up pretty quickly, but the polling has been moving towards Trump too, so it's not a huge surprise.

If the polling wasn't moving, then the new better odds for Harris would likely have been pounced upon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.