Donald Trump

Tbf you're a.gun lover and carrier so you're going to disagree with what he says.

To normal folk he's spot on. Why the fuck does a nation let anyone walk the streets with Guns?
Sorry, but (and I hate to say it) you just don’t understand!

I’ll leave it there, because even the arrogance once finds on this Forum isn’t going to change ANYTHING!

Good luck to you.

Was in Texas for a week and saw quite a few Trump banners and no Harris ones. Tried to avoid discussing politics but certainly got the impression from the people that did mention it that they were Trumpers and appeared to be totally oblivious to his flaws and in denial about his unsuitability for office. One of them said he was “one of us”. Their biggest concern appeared to be related to being able to own as many guns as possible. Seemed very odd to me but they thought it was bizarre that most people in the UK had never touched a gun and didn’t want to.
Texas doesn't matter, they're beyond help. A few years ago temperatures dipped into the 20s and people died while their power grid completely failed. They're the only state on their own grid because FREEDOM and it literally costs them lives. What was their response? The reelected the politicians who are killing them.

Is it just me, or has he become weirdly crass these last few days (even by his standards)? He keeps talking about dicks, and he called Harris retarded. That's not really the kind of thing he would have done a couple of years ago, despite all the other awful shit he does.

It's like whatever little filter he had that helped offer some veneer of plausible deniability has just completely dropped. Now he is just publicly saying the first thing that comes into his head and the kind of thing that he previously probably only said in private. The rate he's going, I wouldn't be surprised if he drops an N-bomb before polling day.
Lack of inhibitions and modesty often go with mental illness.

Sorry, but (and I hate to say it) you just don’t understand!

I’ll leave it there, because even the arrogance once finds on this Forum isn’t going to change ANYTHING!

Good luck to you.
It would appear the good luck may be required closer to home?

• Gun deaths
    46,728 people died from gun violence in 2023, which is the third-highest number of gun-related deaths in US history. This was a 3% decrease from 2022, but the number of deaths is still high.
  • Mass shootings
    604 mass shootings occurred in 2023, resulting in 754 deaths and 2,443 injuries.
  • Gun violence by type
    35% of gun deaths were homicides, 56% were suicides, 4% were unintentional shootings, and 3% were police shootings.
  • Gun violence by age
    1,663 children and adolescents died from gun violence, and 1,381 teens died.
  • Gun violence by state
    Some states took action to address gun violence, including Michigan and Minnesota expanding background checks, and Colorado, Vermont, and Washington state imposing waiting periods on firearm purchases.

The deadliest mass shooting of 2023 occurred in Lewiston, Maine, when a gunman killed 18 people and wounded 13 others. The gunman later committed suicide.

I’m not a gun lover — at all — and I agree with @ChicagoBlue. His point isn’t about 2A; it’s about others here blaming “the system” or “the Constitution” instead of the bad, bad actors who have infested it.
Comma's are a woman. The loose wording of 2A allows too much latitude in interpretation.

Banning assault rifles would be a start. I could take a drive a couple of miles down the road and pick up an AR-15 with just a basic residency check.

Texas doesn't matter, they're beyond help. A few years ago temperatures dipped into the 20s and people died while their power grid completely failed. They're the only state on their own grid because FREEDOM and it literally costs them lives. What was their response? The reelected the politicians who are killing them.
Texas may not matter but I’m sure there’s no shortage of people around the country whose political views are based on perception rather than reality and who just don’t pay attention or wilfully ignore Trump’s manifest shortcomings, while at the same time blaming Biden for things outside his control like foreign wars and inflation caused by the previous administration’s idiotic policies saying that this never happened under Trump. Persistent lies from Trump and his enablers do make a difference sadly.

Texas may not matter but I’m sure there’s no shortage of people around the country whose political views are based on perception rather than reality and who just don’t pay attention or wilfully ignore Trump’s manifest shortcomings, while at the same time blaming Biden for things outside his control like foreign wars and inflation caused by the previous administration’s idiotic policies saying that this never happened under Trump. Persistent lies from Trump and his enablers do make a difference sadly.
Maybe if he hadn't been POTUS before but people aren't stupid enough to forget "What if we inject disinfectants?" and the coup attempt. He OWNS 65% of the GQP but that's it. Even after Nikki Haley dropped out of the primary she received hundreds of thousands of votes from GQPers who will never vote for Flacido Domingo again.

It would appear the good luck may be required closer to home?

• Gun deaths
    46,728 people died from gun violence in 2023, which is the third-highest number of gun-related deaths in US history. This was a 3% decrease from 2022, but the number of deaths is still high.
  • Mass shootings
    604 mass shootings occurred in 2023, resulting in 754 deaths and 2,443 injuries.
  • Gun violence by type
    35% of gun deaths were homicides, 56% were suicides, 4% were unintentional shootings, and 3% were police shootings.
  • Gun violence by age
    1,663 children and adolescents died from gun violence, and 1,381 teens died.
  • Gun violence by state
    Some states took action to address gun violence, including Michigan and Minnesota expanding background checks, and Colorado, Vermont, and Washington state imposing waiting periods on firearm purchases.

The deadliest mass shooting of 2023 occurred in Lewiston, Maine, when a gunman killed 18 people and wounded 13 others. The gunman later committed suicide.
Only more Guns can solve the problem apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.