Donald Trump

It would appear the good luck may be required closer to home?

• Gun deaths
    46,728 people died from gun violence in 2023, which is the third-highest number of gun-related deaths in US history. This was a 3% decrease from 2022, but the number of deaths is still high.
  • Mass shootings
    604 mass shootings occurred in 2023, resulting in 754 deaths and 2,443 injuries.
  • Gun violence by type
    35% of gun deaths were homicides, 56% were suicides, 4% were unintentional shootings, and 3% were police shootings.
  • Gun violence by age
    1,663 children and adolescents died from gun violence, and 1,381 teens died.
  • Gun violence by state
    Some states took action to address gun violence, including Michigan and Minnesota expanding background checks, and Colorado, Vermont, and Washington state imposing waiting periods on firearm purchases.

The deadliest mass shooting of 2023 occurred in Lewiston, Maine, when a gunman killed 18 people and wounded 13 others. The gunman later committed suicide.
Yep. Lots of gun violence. And?

You’re COMPLETELY missing the point, so I’m not going to waste my time.

Only more Guns can solve the problem apparently.

Having been on the receiving end when hiding out in a store room with a suspected active shooter in the mall you can actually see where they are coming from in a bizarre way. I had nothing to defend my family with and it occurred to me that if I lived there and could carry a concealed weapon I bloody well would.

Mental really.

Yep. Lots of gun violence. And?

You’re COMPLETELY missing the point, so I’m not going to waste my time.
And, you should as a nation probably have another look at a primitive constitutional right that was based on the wild west. It's on a par with Muslim rules on shellfish - which were a sensible idea pre-refrigeration.
The reason it's applicable here (besides the tens of thousands of deaths) is that the gun (and pro life) lobby empower the likes of trump and neuters the democrats. It distorts your democracy,

And, you should as a nation probably have another look at a primitive constitutional right that was based on the wild west. It's on a par with Muslim rules on shellfish - which were a sensible idea pre-refrigeration.
The reason it's applicable here (besides the tens of thousands of deaths) is that the gun (and pro life) lobby empower the likes of trump and neuters the democrats. It distorts your democracy,
The Constitution isn’t getting amended anytime soon! FFS, we can’t even agree to do a Border Bill, because it’s not draconian enough for the MAGA fucktards!

If you think you can find the votes to change 2A, then I’m not sure what to say. It is a matter of FREEDOM to many Americans, and a matter of necessity to many others.

The U.S. still has frontier country, where shit kills you for fun and guns are a way of life. Plus, the foundational reason for guns is felt more vehemently today than ever before for those that will die on that hill, as it is to protect you from the Government, not your neighbor!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.