Donald Trump

14 years of Tory have done that for us over here, unsure of how the US has got to that point.
I don't think it's party political, I think it is more to do with the way we are now consuming media and information, along with reality show culture reducing the idea of voting from something that matters to mere entertainment. The winners from this in politics are the showmen and populists.

Anyone who puts personality before policy is a simpleton.
If the personality is Trump you’re a simpleton and a wrong’un.
And if you parrot the absolute nonsense and “alternative facts” Trump and his surrogates spout, and then double down when those falsehoods are pointed out, you’re a gullible moron, and deserve to be called out as such.

Trump is gonna win now.
When it comes down to it he will win because the democrats have a candidate who has no policies, no charisma, nothing at all
Relying completely on the usual celebrities, media friends and Obama

having just watched the Joe Rogan interview, trump is what he is. You may not like him and most don’t, but He has an opinion and can answer a question.

Kamala is just a robot who repeats the same stuff without saying anything.
Whoever has come up with her strategy should be sacked.
Not seen the interview yet.

You don't think him and Rogan decided on the questions beforehand?

Trump doesn't answer questions not prepared for him. See what he did at a rally a couple of weeks ago.

Not seen the interview yet.

You don't think him and Rogan decided on the questions beforehand?

Trump doesn't answer questions not prepared for him. See what he did at a rally a couple of weeks ago.
I've not seen it either, but just found it on Spotify and will save it for a tedious motorway journey tomorrow night as I'm not going to spend 3hrs of my Saturday on it. I imagine he must come out of it well or at least unscathed or the twitterati on here would have already subjected us to their chosen highlights.

I don’t really post in here, mostly because I find American politics and the rhetoric it produces quite depressing.

You can see that on just the last few pages here with it dominated by a poster (dax) who has a long history, outside of his pro-trump posts, of being an absolute lunatic and others making accusations of being a nonce (not really the place you want to be in a serious discussion).

However, I thought I would comment anyway, just to point out that your crime figures argument is seriously poor, the attempt to bolster it with migration figures totally irrelevant and the “that’s too lon to read” response seriously embarrassing for someone talking of ‘debating’. Poor.
Well done.
Now my advice is run for the hills and observe from afar again.
You might find me there too. I’m the one wearing a blue top.

Anybody giving any credence to an interview with Trump and Rogan after spending any meaningful time researching Rogans past aren’t opining in good faith.

Are people really this thick?

Trump is gonna win now.
When it comes down to it he will win because the democrats have a candidate who has no policies, no charisma, nothing at all
Relying completely on the usual celebrities, media friends and Obama

having just watched the Joe Rogan interview, trump is what he is. You may not like him and most don’t, but He has an opinion and can answer a question.

Kamala is just a robot who repeats the same stuff without saying anything.
Whoever has come up with her strategy should be sacked.
????
The guy can’t complete a sentence.
Opinions?????
If he could concentrate on one subject long enough to complete a sentence, it might be possible to discern what they are, besides the obvious, ‘what does it benefit me?’, angle. That is very clear.

Absolutely. It's all about education and equipping voters to think for themselves. At present we seem happy to keep the electorate uneducated/uninformed and try to fight the impossible battle of winning popularity contests against populism. We can't censor, legislate or de-platform our way out of educating the masses adequately.

I think we should do some of those other things, at least the legislative bit, but ultimately you are right they are a sticking plaster to a wider malaise. The challenge with reforming education is the politics of it. For example, Peter McLaren is imo an educationalist with important things to say that irrespective of political leanings we should all listen to and take something from; but that would cause apoplexy in almost all corridors of power. Even some smaller initiatives like making psychology/neuroscience a mandatory part of science education, or ensuring that history is taught as a critical thinking exercise (which it is anyway by good history teachers) from KS2 onwards would probably get bogged down in controversy. It's an intimidating task to face into but very necessary because as you say when it comes to populism the old adage of "never wrestle with a pig" will always apply in the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.