Donald Trump

If you were an economist, you would know within 2 years of Trumps presidency, they had the lowest unemployment since 1969. They'd had the biggest jumps in the economy since 2009 (the end of a recession), increasing around 3% years on year, the stock markets had increased by over 25%. All facts among many others i could tell you. Things were moving in a good direction until covid hit.

The average American was becoming better off than now, they'll tell you themselves.

Economist my arse.

And I'm an astronaut.
I'm not even a massive Biden fan but it's worth pointing out that the unemployment rate has gone even lower at some points during his presidency (3.4%), and it's currently 3.7%, compared to Trump's best of 3.5%. (Based on data from December 23).

Population just over 3 million, 88% of whom are white. The only worthy thing to come out of Iowa is Bill Bryson.
So, only 100,000 of a possible 3 mil bothered to vote? What’s that, about 3.5% of the total population?

Seems a barmy voting system but that’s the GOP for you.

I'm not even a massive Biden fan but it's worth pointing out that the unemployment rate has gone even lower at some points during his presidency (3.4%), and it's currently 3.7%, compared to Trump's best of 3.5%. (Based on data from December 23).
Nah mate. That’s made up data obviously.

Absolute bollocks. The US economy has rebounded the best of the G7 and has the lowest inflation. You’re chatting shit and you’ll be disappointed.
Unfortunately Trump and his MAGA propagandist media outlets have manage to convince the masses of cognitively impaired Americans, in a jaw dropping defiance of the facts, that under Trump the economy boomed, unemployment was low, the border was secure, there were no wars on his watch and he was a strong and highly respected figure on the international stage when the opposite is true.

Even more unbelievably these same fuckwits are blaming Biden for starting the wars in Ukraine and Gaza and giving him shit for taking on the Houthi terrorists.

So, only 100,000 of a possible 3 mil bothered to vote? What’s that, about 3.5% of the total population?

Seems a barmy voting system but that’s the GOP for you.
3MM total pop, not sure how many of voting age, and GOP-registered only primary, and it was like minus-something temperature-wise, but the results are probably reflective of the GOP’s leaning generally — half to 2/3rds are in the cult and the rest are “uncomfortable” and want a change (but will vote for Trump anyhow in November probably).

If there was a concentrated effort by non-Trumpers to get behind one candidate then someone (probably Nimrata) could make a run at him — but there isn’t because they’ve handed the direction of the party over to MAGA. They’re too afraid to call out Trump on his sins (like, for example, attempting to circumvent democracy) for fear of losing his base, who they need to have a chance. They’re cowards, except for Cheney and maybe Romney. They’re like sycophantic courtiers rimming the asshole of the king.

Some day Trump will die (and I look forward to that day) but the cowardice and treachery to the American people of the GOP is a taint that won’t ever be washed away, speaking as someone who has voted for candidates of both parties over 40 years.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.