Donald Trump

Does Iowa have a low population? Unless I’m reading it wrong, Trump only got just over 50,000 votes, 20 odd for the others. Seems an extremely low turnout.
Apologies if already pointed out, but Iowa is a “caucus,” rather than a “voting,” State. You have to show up to a caucus location in person and it was an historically cold night!!

For example, today in Chicago it was -22°C, with a “feels like” temperature of about -35°C when you include the wind. There are literal frostbite warnings on the news here, with times that exposed skin should not exceed!

What chaos?

Are you referring to the Republicans refusing to legislate in the House? Congress managed to pass just 27 bills in 2023, which is the least number of bills passed since the Great Depression. None of that is on Biden. Biden has actually done okay under the circumstances.

Newsome 2028 is a good shout, but if Trump gets back in next year it might not even matter.
Newsom 2024 is a good shout!!!

Does Iowa have a low population? Unless I’m reading it wrong, Trump only got just over 50,000 votes, 20 odd for the others. Seems an extremely low turnout.
P.S. The news here is saying it was a very low turnout, but that the number was slightly over 100,000 caucus goers, so you were EXACTLY correct! My apologies for the bad first read!

There was a very apt political cartoon the day of his first inauguration showing Reagan waking up in bed, stretching and smiling in his PJs as the sun streamed in through the U.S. flag-draped windows. "Morning in America" was the caption.

And yes a very different feel to it than Trump's xenophobia.
Reagan very much paved the way for the Christian Fundamentalism we see today.

Newsom 2024 is a good shout!!!
He might have been a good shout in 2024, but I think if Newsom had shown intent early doors it might have weakened Biden's position and stifled the second half of his first term. This close in I'm not sure he's going to get enough exposure country wide. Maybe he'll have enough amongst the younger voting blocks, but I can't see him getting much support from the older voting blocks outside of the Mid-West.

I think slow and steady in the lead up to 2028 is going to give him the best shout, but there is a lot of water to go under the bridge before then.

He might have been a good shout in 2024, but I think if Newsom had shown intent early doors it might have weakened Biden's position and stifled the second half of his first term. This close in I'm not sure he's going to get enough exposure country wide. Maybe he'll have enough amongst the younger voting blocks, but I can't see him getting much support from the older voting blocks outside of the Mid-West.

I think slow and steady in the lead up to 2028 is going to give him the best shout, but there is a lot of water to go under the bridge before then.
I think he’s a heartbeat from the nomination.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.