Donald Trump

If you're not thick skinned the cult can be hard work, post through it and understand the views on here are not the norm in real life.
eh?

The norm (ie >50%) of the US population, is that Trump is a dick.
What we Brits/others think about Trump is pretty irrelevant, in the context of actual Voting him in, but we can influence.

I have no idea.

What if Trump wins the vote in November but is convicted of insurrection in December? Can he be sworn in?
Good question.

I think technically section 3 of the 14th Amendment would not allow him to become president, so they would have to rerun the election. There could be a question mark over the wording of the amendment, but that would have to be argued upon prior to him being sworn in, because at that point all bets are off.

Good question.

I think technically section 3 of the 14th Amendment would not allow him to become president, so they would have to rerun the election. There could be a question mark over the wording of the amendment, but that would have to be argued upon prior to him being sworn in, because at that point all bets are off.
This is where it gets messy as I dont think they can re run the election - the dates are hard wired. 14th amendment says 'no person can be' so he should not be sworn in. But what then? I think it would move to the VP?

This is a very real prospect of where it would end up.

I don't class myself particularly tribal on any stage of the political spectrum and certainly don't feel aligned to what (I perceive) to be tribal left or right wing politics as I feel like both can get you into a cult like mindset. However, how anybody (never mind half a country) can seemingly vote for this utter lunatic is beyond mental. The man, by every sense of the definition is a narcissistic sociopath who has literally just attempted to overthrow a democratic election. Something people in Ukraine are fighting so desperately for, something our previous generations of the west fought so desperately for, rights to live in democratic societies no matter how imperfect they sometimes are. And half of the electorate in the united states are considering voting for a man with such utter disdain for those rights! It makes you want to give up.
This,in a nutshell.

This is where it gets messy as I dont think they can re run the election - the dates are hard wired. 14th amendment says 'no person can be' so he should not be sworn in. But what then? I think it would move to the VP?

This is a very real prospect of where it would end up.
And do you honestly think Trump wouldn't pick a VP who hadn't already agreed to pardon him should it come to that?

The whole thing is is a shit show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.