Donald Trump

Then the logic of what you are saying is that every single person who inherits (inflation adjusted) £400m, and who is so inclined, can manipulate tens of millions of people. Every single one.

Why aren’t more of them doing it, given they are so inclined?
I'm actually not saying that really, but yes, theoretically.

And the answer to your question is: because they have moral codes.

How many people do you know who would hire a piano tuner to tune the twenty pianos in his New York hotels, then not pay him, then tell the tuner he was going to spend whatever it took to countersue him if the tuner sued to collect?

How many people do you know who would hire a piano tuner to tune the twenty pianos in his New York hotels, then not pay him, then tell the tuner he was going to spend whatever it took to countersue him if he sued to collect?
Plenty, but then I’ve dealt with a lot of dodgy cunts over the years, so you’re probably asking the wrong person.

I think you grossly underestimate the corrosive effect that power and money has on people.

And citing Maxwell’s children to support your argument probably isn’t the most effective example I’ve seen you deploy.

Why isn't it?

Ghislaine was a charming and persuasive socialite at university. Admired by George Monbiot, until he realised the cynical networking she was really up to.

If Maxwell wasn't such a disgusting horrible bastard would his children have developed the way they did?

If the sons still had huge wealth they'd be much more dangerous.

It's a lack of moral character not intelligence.

Why isn't it?

Ghislaine was a charming and persuasive socialite at university. Admired by George Monbiot, until he realised the cynical networking she was really up to.

If Maxwell wasn't such a disgusting horrible bastard would his children have developed the way they did?

If the sons still had huge wealth they'd be much more dangerous.

It's a lack of moral character not intelligence.
So just to be clear, you are citing Ghislaine Maxwell as an example to support your contention that most people don’t have a ruthless selfish attitude?

So just to be clear, you are citing Ghislaine Maxwell as an example to support your contention that most people don’t have a ruthless selfish attitude?

No I'm using them as an example of another dysfunctional family that created that mindset.

Do you really need me establish that most people aren't as ruthlessly selfish as Trump?

It's self evident.

You probably keep strange company if you believe that to be the case.

I'm not sure why you are having trouble understanding. Are you sure you are as smart as you think you are?

Would he have gotten away with all his crimes in most other western democracies?

Maybe that's more to do with a failed system than his supreme intellect.
I’ve not said he’s got a supreme intellect. In fact I’ve been clear that he does not.

I’ve said he has characteristics that can objectively be defined as intelligent, per se. I would say that an ability to manipulate others to that extent requires a form of intelligence.

You plainly think it does not, instead thinking it can all be explained away by his inherited wealth, and ruthlessness, like there will be another one along in a few minutes.

I’ve not said he’s got a supreme intellect. In fact I’ve been clear that he does not.

I’ve said he has characteristics that can objectively be defined as intelligent, per se. I would say that an ability to manipulate others to that extent requires a form of intelligence.

You plainly think it does not, instead thinking it can all be explained away by his inherited wealth, and ruthlessness, like there will be another one along in a few minutes.

It obviously takes a level of intelligence. If he had learning difficulties (besides the functional illiteracy) he wouldn't be a very effective manipulator.

But it's not the key aspect. His lack of morals is far more important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.