Donald Trump

THE BEGINNING OF THE END.
Donald Trump is toast. He owes more than half a billion dollars in court judgements and he doesn’t have the money. He cannot expunge these debts through bankruptcy and he has to start paying E Jean Carrol before the end of February.
How much does he have? Investigative journos are beavering away and seem to be settling around one billion as an interim estimate. It is unknown at this stage how much equity he has in his real estate. My guess is that the property is mortgaged to the hilt.
Narcissism insulates its sufferers from reality, but reality is about to bite him in the bum. He cannot raise a bond needed before he can appeal. He asked the court for a stay of execution but Judge Engoron denied that in a two sentence memo.
Letitia James and the lawyers of E Jean Carrol will now start the process of seizing assets assuming Trump does not find the cash from somewhere. Will anyone be stupid enough to lend it to him? I doubt it. The Republican party cannot raise it.
The man who tried to persuade Forbes that he was worth 6 billion dollars is a busted flush.
Bye bye Donald.
Sounds good but he does have the aura of a turd that won't flush.

Donald Trump is toast. He owes more than half a billion dollars in court judgements and he doesn’t have the money. He cannot expunge these debts through bankruptcy and he has to start paying E Jean Carrol before the end of February.
How much does he have? Investigative journos are beavering away and seem to be settling around one billion as an interim estimate. It is unknown at this stage how much equity he has in his real estate. My guess is that the property is mortgaged to the hilt.
Narcissism insulates its sufferers from reality, but reality is about to bite him in the bum. He cannot raise a bond needed before he can appeal. He asked the court for a stay of execution but Judge Engoron denied that in a two sentence memo.
Letitia James and the lawyers of E Jean Carrol will now start the process of seizing assets assuming Trump does not find the cash from somewhere. Will anyone be stupid enough to lend it to him? I doubt it. The Republican party cannot raise it.
The man who tried to persuade Forbes that he was worth 6 billion dollars is a busted flush.
Bye bye Donald.
He doesn't even own Trump Tower. Until he pays off the $100 million refinanced mortgage on it.

Bye bye Donald.
Its decision time for the GOP mega donors.

There are right wing arse holes out there with deep pockets. The money can be found if they want to back their man. Or is now the time to cut him loose and let him drown in his debts.

The problem for the GOP is this will be a slow drawn out drowning where he can fight paying the money for months and the state will go after his assets. All the time he defends other criminal cases in court. And wins primaries and heads to the convention to collect his crown. Even if someone puts up the money, its going to get ugly.

Its decision time for the GOP mega donors.

There are right wing arse holes out there with deep pockets. The money can be found if they want to back their man. Or is now the time to cut him loose and let him drown in his debts.

The problem for the GOP is this will be a slow drawn out drowning where he can fight paying the money for months and the state will go after his assets. All the time he defends other criminal cases in court. And wins primaries and heads to the convention to collect his crown. Even if someone puts up the money, its going to get ugly.
The polls suggest that swathes of voters will abandon him if he gets a federal conviction. He will. In that case the mega donors may back another horse.

Bye bye Donald.

One of my favourite forms of entertainment over the past few weeks has been reading the interactions between Judge Engoron and Trump's lawyers on the docket. The two sentence email memo responding to the lawyer's argument that the short timelines are infringing on Trump's appellate rights is exactly the way children like this should be dealt with:

You have failed to explain, much less justify, any basis for a stay. I am confident that the Appellate Division will protect your appellate rights.

The polls suggest that swathes of voters will abandon him if he gets a federal conviction. He will. In that case the mega donors may back another horse.
The problem for them is they have to decide now.

He has deadlines to put up the cash so he can then appeal. No cash and he has to just accept the judgment and move on.

Those calls to donors will be going in now. But it can't be a great sell. His legal defence was terrible and his appeal would only be worse. And with other cases about to start it will all just get lost in the noise. He's basically asking for half a billion to keep the pretence up that he has a valid legal defence. It ultimatley wont work. That's a lot of money for very little gain. But the GOP are all in on this so maybe he does get it together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.