Donald Trump

To summarise, for those who aren't able to keep up (who can blame you), we have:

1. The 14th amendment case - looking increasingly likely that SCOTUS will overturn this. Seems the weakest of the arguments against Trump and the most flexible to constitutional interpretation.

2. Documents case - the judge has just successfully eroded literally months creating a delay on the basis of giving unauthorised witnesses access to sensitive documents. This was obviously contested by Jack Smith and now she's changed her mind today - but she's already achieved her mission of delaying proceedings. Pencilled in for May but absolutely no way this happens in May. Judge Cannon won't let it happen. No trial before election day.

3. The insurrection case - now sat with SCOTUS as above, who again will successfully delay. Almost certainly now no trial possible before election day.

4. The Georgia racketeering case - the most complex, the most defendants, possibly the hardest to prove. Reflected by the pencilled start date of August 5th. Currently being delayed by some absolute bollocks conspiracy about Fani Willis where it looks like there is no actual solid evidence for their contention. Again the judge has allowed this delay. Trial before election day possible, but may not conclude until after.

5. The Stormy Daniels case - pencilled for end of March. Increasingly likely now to be the only criminal trial that will conclude prior to the election. Also probably the one with the lightest punishment, highly debated whether a custodial sentence will be applicable here. Willing to bet even if he gets a federal conviction it will be swept under the rug as some kind of minor misdemeanour.

The above gives me two thoughts. Firstly, America... what the actual fuck are you doing about this total clown? Secondly, I feel sorry for the brilliantly capable Jack Smith, and all of the AGs involved. Smith is a man who is used to dealing with war crimes in a proper court called The Hague (you might have heard of it). Now he's trying to ply his trade in what is increasingly looking to the outside world like a travelling circus in which Trump is part of the freak show.

They'll hear arguments 22nd April, decision by Jun/Jul.... no way they can then reasonably fit in a trial date before November. They've effectively punted this to the electorate.
It delays the start. But the trial itself is damaging. And could be in full swing in September / October.

It also puts the focus back on the florida stolen docs case. The judge their might have been hoping her case would get bumped. She's slowly running out of reasons to delay.

It delays the start. But the trial itself is damaging. And could be in full swing in September / October.

It also puts the focus back on the florida stolen docs case. The judge their might have been hoping her case would get bumped. She's slowly running out of reasons to delay.

I hope you're right but the problem they have is that Cannon can deliberately make the scheduling awkward. She's indicated she will move the documents case out of the May slot, but she continued to occupy the May slot to prevent others using it. Now there are no others that can use it, I would bet money she moves the docs trial into September/October so the insurrection case can't start. Then all she has to do is find some bullshit reason to delay that at the last minute and she's effectively won.

I hope you're right but the problem they have is that Cannon can deliberately make the scheduling awkward. She's indicated she will move the documents case out of the May slot, but she continued to occupy the May slot to prevent others using it. Now there are no others that can use it, I would bet money she moves the docs trial into September/October so the insurrection case can't start. Then all she has to do is find some bullshit reason to delay that at the last minute and she's effectively won.
Trumps Lawyers expected to ask Cannon to "delay indefinitely" citing the SCOTUS appeal according to MSNBC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.