Donald Trump

It would put the trial right over the election period and even opens up the possibility that he could be in court in November on election day, he could win the election, then be convicted and jailed before he is sworn in in January.
In theory.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that being put into practice, much as I’d love to see it…him in jail, not him winning!

If he is given a custodial sentence for any crime, it is almost impossible to not see the sitting President commute the sentence, possibly with caveats.

Jailing ex-Presidents is a bad look, even with crooks this big.

Now, now. Just because things are different and the regular voter only gets a say do every few years, please don’t tar everyone with the same brush.

We’ve been watching the Tories hollow out Britain for decades, while the Labour Party wails and gnashes its teeth in Keystone Kops opposition. The Empire is dead and the mirror is not kind, so be careful how far you cast your aspersions.

Let’s revisit how many “fucking jokers” there are after Nov 5th, and let’s both hope it was less than required to turn this country into the world’s largest new fascist dictatorship!
In your opinion from the inside, what is the general feeling towards Trump and do you think he'll get in again?

It’s a fucking shambles.
And made so by his delay, appeal, delay tactics, coupled with partisan political
Judges getting away with helping prolong the delays!

It’s a big game of “push it beyond Nov 5th!”

Then, if he loses again, Jan 6th will have been like the stretching before the warm-ups, let alone the game. The zealots he is whipping into a frenzy are not going quietly into the night if Biden is re-elected. In fact, I’d fear for Biden.

This is where we are.

I hate to even mention the name, but Hitler’s speeches were recently translated and “spoken” in English in Hitler’s voice using AI.

Apart from Hitler being a much better public speaker, of course, the messages are eerily similar to what Trump is saying.

He is a tin pot Dictator wrapping himself in the flag, which you’ll notice is EVERYWHERE with the MAGA crowd, as if they own it!

It’s not just that it is scary what might happen if Trump wins, but it might be even scarier if he loses!

Good summary.

I'd add that there is a chance that Cannon could get kicked off the Florida case. She's made some deliberate errors to push the delay and there is a mechanism to get her kicked. It's a one shot and the theory is that the prosecution are waiting for the optimum time to push that button. The immunity argument should not apply as that covers the time after he left office.

On the DC case the SCOTUS delay can only go so far. If Florida doesn't start this one will. It would put the trial right over the election period and even opens up the possibility that he could be in court in November on election day, he could win the election, then be convicted and jailed before he is sworn in in January.
Cannon kicked off by whom?

And made so by his delay, appeal, delay tactics, coupled with partisan political
Judges getting away with helping prolong the delays!

It’s a big game of “push it beyond Nov 5th!”

Then, if he loses again, Jan 6th will have been like the stretching before the warm-ups, let alone the game. The zealots he is whipping into a frenzy are not going quietly into the night if Biden is re-elected. In fact, I’d fear for Biden.

This is where we are.

I hate to even mention the name, but Hitler’s speeches were recently translated and “spoken” in English in Hitler’s voice using AI.

Apart from Hitler being a much better public speaker, of course, the messages are eerily similar to what Trump is saying.

He is a tin pot Dictator wrapping himself in the flag, which you’ll notice is EVERYWHERE with the MAGA crowd, as if they own it!

It’s not just that it is scary what might happen if Trump wins, but it might be even scarier if he loses!
That last bit can get him quite a few votes.

In your opinion from the inside, what is the general feeling towards Trump and do you think he'll get in again?
Without getting too deep ;-)

1) Personally, I despise him and most of his family. They are crooks, fraudsters and grifters who represent the worst of what America can be. The epitome of the Ugly American.

2) You're either full on Trump or you despise him. No middle ground at this point.

3) This Election Day is going to be VERY tense. There will be many, many polling places that will be very very intimidating, because there will be openly armed civilians milling around looking for “trouble.” I would not be surprised if there was a mass killing somewhere.

4) As always, it will come down to so called swing states that are a virtual toss up and rely on turnout. In a country of 330,000,000 people, the Presidential Election can come down to 10,000 votes or less in a handful of states! Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, Michigan, Georgia…

5) Personally, I don’t think he has nearly the support he did first time, because I think many centrist Republicans voted to take a look and didn’t like what they saw. Today, there are some issues clouding the debate. Abortion has been a nightmare for Republicans because they’ve got their wishes and then they’ve lost every race since then on the issue. Women vote!!! Immigration & Gaza have been similar sticks with which to beat Democrats, as “Uncommitted” showed in Arab dense Dearborn, Michigan and elsewhere in the state.

6) I would vote for an AI-generated bot before I’d vote for Trump. Others feel very differently and wonder how anyone could vote for Biden when “virile 77 yr old Trump will kick the worlds ass and MAGA?!” What can you say to THAT person?

7) If Trump is elected, NATO is done and it’ll have to live without America, and Ukraine will become a Russian annex again! And, if you think Biden’s weak on Israel, just wait until Trump starts sucking Bebe’s knob! I expect global bases will close and the U.S. will become insular and nationalistic. Tariffs will be imposed again and prices will rise again, but Trump will lower taxes to “put more money in peoples pockets” and dismantle large swaths of government to help fund it. The people who LIVE off govt assistance are his base, but he doesn’t have to run again and the people with the REAL money love not paying their share of taxes! The Southern border will close and the use of political asylum will effectively be shutdown.

8) Trump is dumb. As in, he knows a little about what he knows, but he is aggressively unworldly and thinks he knows better than anyone else about anything under discussion. And, he’s happy to say it out loud, because he thinks as President he can say and do anything he wants! Literally!

9) So, will he win? Too early to tell! Normally, we are in the middle of Nominating Season right now, but that’s essentially over already! Biden hasn’t started running yet and Trump’s funds appear to be in much worse shape this time around than in previous campaigns. Messaging is going to be brutal, because there’s almost no middle ground here, even though that’s where the key votes are.

Biden - too old & decrepit, and has presided over inflation and prices bring too high…even though there’s not a damned thing he could personally go about that as the Federal Reserve is independent and controls interest rates do one party doesn’t bankrupt the country for political reasons!

Trump - almost as old & lost more than a step in his verbal and cognitive abilities, too! What he lacks in substance he tries to compensate for in bluster and blagging. He was the President that saw inflation rear its ugly head, but wasn’t around to have to fix it! He’s great at what Republicans are great at (and Labour, too, in England!) pointing out problems they think need fixing but having no clue how to fix them!

10) No, I don’t think he will get in again, but I’m not sure Biden will be his opponent in November, either! Fingers crossed on both!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.