Donald Trump

Yes - true, and I don’t think he’ll win the election (especially not if he spends his campaign season in a court room) but on the off-chance he did then for me it’s most important that the Georgia case gets concluded before January. That’s the one where he definitely can’t pardon himself.

It’s not outside the realms of possibility that if he loses the election he does something mental like flee to Russia or jump off the Trump Tower. It really is his last roll of the dice and the walls are closing in quickly.
The Georgia case is a complex RICO indictment involving multiple co-defendants each of whom will raise objections to delay the trial. The presiding judge, Scott McAfee is inexperienced. He allowed the case against Trump to unnecessarily devolve into a salacious examination of the prosecutors' sex lives. Even should Fani survive this ordeal (I think that she will), the complexity, number of defendants, and the presiding judge's inexperience indicate that this case will not conclude prior to election day.

As for Trump fleeing to Russia or jumping off a tower - that's not in his makeup. The guy is a fighter, not a runner.

I think the bone spurs stop both those possibilities.
Kidding aside, Trump, intrinsically, will never give up, admit wrongdoing, or, surrender to adversity. Ever. Anyone thinking otherwise has badly misjudged his personality.

The Georgia case is a complex RICO indictment involving multiple co-defendants each of whom will raise objections to delay the trial. The presiding judge, Scott McAfee is inexperienced. He allowed the case against Trump to unnecessarily devolve into a salacious examination of the prosecutors' sex lives. Even should Fani survive this ordeal (I think that she will), the complexity, number of defendants, and the presiding judge's inexperience indicate that this case will not conclude prior to election day.

As for Trump fleeing to Russia or jumping off a tower - that's not in his makeup. The guy is a fighter, not a runner.
Bluster is often mistaken for fighting. He always runs away from any real fight, hence why most of his legal cases have ended up with him making a payout, or otherwise being out of pocket.

Bluster is often mistaken for fighting. He always runs away from any real fight, hence why most of his legal cases have ended up with him making a payout, or otherwise being out of pocket.
Respectfully disagree. He'll pay out to avoid inconvenience; but his psychological makeup is to never, ever lose.

There's a 2-hour or so documentary (or actually two such) by Frontline exploring Trump's life and that of his political opponent for President in minute detail. Frontline airs these shortly before each US Presidential election. The latest one, about the 2020 election:

It's 2 hours and is likely far too long for most people - but it's compelling viewing and well worth your time. The previous Frontline about Hillary and Trump was equally fascinating.

Anyhow - Trump is quintessentially, existentially unable to admit defeat. And this makes him a fighter.

Anyhow - Trump is quintessentially, existentially unable to admit defeat. And this makes him a fighter.

Spot on. He may realise that he's likely to lose a criminal or civil trial and use dirty tricks or intimidation outside the courtroom. But he'll never resign himself to defeat and that he lost fair and square.

Broadening out the debate, what would happen if individual states (mainly blue states ) declared UDI secession from the union if Project 2025 ever came to fruition?

It’s not outside the realms of possibility that if he loses the election he does something mental like flee to Russia or jump off the Trump Tower. It really is his last roll of the dice and the walls are closing in quickly.

He’s built an “I’m a victim!” structure so that he never has to do that. However, if he loses, he may still be able to run again, even if he gets dinged by a lawsuit or two, and many of these MAGAts will push for that!

And, who really thinks he’s going to sacrifice himself for anyone?!

Last edited:
Broadening out the debate, what would happen if individual states (mainly blue states ) declared UDI secession from the union if Project 2025 ever came to fruition?
That might depend on whether individuals in those individual states can divert taxes to the secessionist states. If all the blue states could do that, the red states would run out of money. Who gets

I thin Alex Garland's new film has Texas (with the oil) and California seceding...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.