Donald Trump

This is a very minor development in the grand scheme of things, and apart from her resistance to Trump I am no fan of Cheney, but I do think this is a good example of how fascists cultivate and wield both soft and hard power.

—————

Famed photographer quits Ford board over Liz Cheney snub

David Hume Kennerly wanted the Trump critic honored with the foundation’s top award.

A Pulitzer Prize-winning political photographer resigned Tuesday from the board of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation, blasting the group for cowardice in rejecting Trump critic Liz Cheney as the recipient of its top yearly award.

David Hume Kennerly claimed in a letter to fellow trustees that Cheney’s nomination for the Gerald R. Ford Medal for Distinguished Public Service was nixed largely out of fear that Trump would retaliate against the organization if he’s reelected. Cheney, herself a trustee, was rejected three separate times, Kennerly wrote, as other potential honorees declined the award.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/10/david-hume-kennerly-liz-cheney-gerald-ford-foundation-00151480#:~:text=Politico%20Logo&text=David%20Hume%20Kennerly%20claimed%20in,the%20organization%20if%20he's%20reelected.

Eventually they are going to have to hold Trump’s legal team in contempt just to stop the frivolous and erroneous motions for delay or dismissal. They are continually making a mockery of the court system.

This is a very minor development in the grand scheme of things, and apart from her resistance to Trump I am no fan of Cheney, but I do think this is a good example of how fascists cultivate and wield both soft and hard power.

—————

Famed photographer quits Ford board over Liz Cheney snub

David Hume Kennerly wanted the Trump critic honored with the foundation’s top award.

A Pulitzer Prize-winning political photographer resigned Tuesday from the board of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation, blasting the group for cowardice in rejecting Trump critic Liz Cheney as the recipient of its top yearly award.

David Hume Kennerly claimed in a letter to fellow trustees that Cheney’s nomination for the Gerald R. Ford Medal for Distinguished Public Service was nixed largely out of fear that Trump would retaliate against the organization if he’s reelected. Cheney, herself a trustee, was rejected three separate times, Kennerly wrote, as other potential honorees declined the award.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/10/david-hume-kennerly-liz-cheney-gerald-ford-foundation-00151480#:~:text=Politico%20Logo&text=David%20Hume%20Kennerly%20claimed%20in,the%20organization%20if%20he's%20reelected.
Every single Republican who hasn’t publicly repudiated Trump is a coward at best, and malevolent or insane at worst.

Every. Single. One.

Every single Republican who hasn’t publicly repudiated Trump is a coward at best, and malevolent or insane at worst.

Every. Single. One.
Indeed.

And the fact that Trump (and really his entourage), not even in office, is so feared that foundations of previous presidents are worried about merely giving awards to his opponents shows:

1) How insidious and effective fascist power tactics can be.

2) How dangerous Trump is to the US (and the world).

I'd suggest ignoring all polls. They are proven incredibly unreliable over recent years.
Oh, I am, and have spoken at length as to possible reasons for their inaccuracy.

It was more a tongue-in-cheek lament about what would happen if no candidate received the required 270 electoral college votes.

Hint: based on the current makeup of the House, it would not be good for humanity.

Oh, I am, and have spoken at length as to possible reasons for their inaccuracy.

It was more a tongue-in-cheek lament about what would happen if no candidate received the required 270 electoral college votes.

Hint: based on the current makeup of the House, it would not be good for humanity.
Very true, however do you need 270 or just the most votes? And I've not seen any suggestion that Bob K is going to win any delegates.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.