Donald Trump

Thank God we dont have jury selection in this country. Can you imagine that, after only being randomly called up to do your civic duty. People combing through your character, history, leanings, likes and dislikes. Awful. What an incredibly stupid place to live amongst, that system is beyond all common sense. Wholly skewed and everything that shouldnt be political ends up being so

Thank God we dont have jury selection in this country. Can you imagine that, after only being randomly called up to do your civic duty. People combing through your character, history, leanings, likes and dislikes. Awful. What an incredibly stupid place to live amongst, that system is beyond all common sense. Wholly skewed and everything that shouldnt be political ends up being so
Mate -- I've been called in probably a dozen times in my life (my civic duty) and never even gotten out of the waiting room; never even made it into a court room for the initial interviews. It's very, very easy to get out of once you make it in just due to myriad "hardships" -- parenting can be one, work commitment another. Any number of regular life obligations can get you excused. All that before we get to bias. And the vast majority of trials are of short duration anyhow. Every effort is made to find unbiased jurors who will take time and care, and judges make it a point to try to ensure that.

Last edited:
This filing also seeks to register more than 146 million shares held by some stockholders for resale — including all 114.8 million of Trump’s 78.8 million current and 36 million potential shares that could be granted if the stock price holds above a certain level.

Although they won’t be able to sell those shares right away, this move means they’re one step closer to being able to once the rest of the prohibitions are cleared including a six-month lock up period, says Michael Ohlrogge, associate professor at NYU School of Law.

No word yet about who would be converting warrants to new shares, which was also filed, and then likely immediately selling off that new stock.

For those unfamiliar with these types of filings and stock market actions, more often than not, this type of move is usually a sign of mounting financial distress (which anyone with a brain already knew about with what is essentially a Ponzi meme company).

This is just a game of musical chairs at this point, similar to Trumps criminal prosecutions.
However, like any ponzi scheme new investors are constantly required to keep it going.

Just because Trump can (at some point in the future) sell his shares it doesn't mean there will be buyers. Sell a few million dollars worth maybe but any significant sale would either fail or tank the value.

Unless of course you have buyers lined up like a money laundering operation. Not sure I buy this theory as its too blatant but it is Trump so worth a mention.

However, like any ponzi scheme new investors are constantly required to keep it going.

Just because Trump can (at some point in the future) sell his shares it doesn't mean there will be buyers. Sell a few million dollars worth maybe but any significant sale would either fail or tank the value.

Unless of course you have buyers lined up like a money laundering operation. Not sure I buy this theory as it’s too blatant but it is Trump so worth a mention.
The Greater Fool theory enters the chat.

You’re right, of course. After all, how could one pass up a “bash America” opportunity?!

Lest you actually be so naive, EVERYTHING is political, either overtly or covertly.

Having served on a jury, though, I’d rather take my chances with Judicial Panel, because “my peers” is a little too broad for comfort!

Folk walking around with Guns tells me all I need to know what a fuckin stupid place it is to live in.

Trump's lawyers filed their argument for curing the issues raised by the AG on the $175m civil fraud bond last night.

It states that the bond is backed by a Schwab account containing $175m in liquid assets, which Knight Specialty Insurance effectively has a lien on in the event the appeal fails.

It does raise more questions than answers though:
  • This doesn't resolve the fact Knight's are not a registered surety in the state of New York. My understanding is that while exceptions can be made, the collateral backing such an arrangement needs to openly and provably be disclosed. The proof here seems to be "trust me, bro".
  • If Trump really did have $175m in hard liquid assets that he fully owned sat in an account with a reputable firm like Schwab, pretty much any surety provider would take that as collateral. So why did he need to go to some shady out of state, unregistered company? This raises the speculation that either the assets don't exist (unlikely) OR the assets do exist but they're not actually Trump's assets OR they are assets that are already subject to some other lien.
  • This also doesn't remedy the fact that Knight, in quite clear black and white terms, doesn't meet the capital requirements for a bond of this size. Their own financial statements demonstrate this.
  • IF he has $175m in liquid assets, why seek a bond at all which usually bears a fee, rather than just entering that account into escrow as collateral for the appeal? Mostly, the reasons for using a bondsman are to smooth the admin side or to ensure your assets aren't locked up, but this lot are not smoothing the admin because they're fucking useless, and Trump's argument states he has to maintain the value of the account, effectively ensuring the assets are locked up anyway. The purpose of Knight in this arrangement is very unclear.
Engoron has set a hearing on the 22nd to determine whether the bond can thus be accepted. I can't see him having much sympathy for what amounts to some fairly straight forward breaches of requirements.

Trump's lawyers filed their argument for curing the issues raised by the AG on the $175m civil fraud bond last night.

It states that the bond is backed by a Schwab account containing $175m in liquid assets, which Knight Specialty Insurance effectively has a lien on in the event the appeal fails.

It does raise more questions than answers though:
  • This doesn't resolve the fact Knight's are not a registered surety in the state of New York. My understanding is that while exceptions can be made, the collateral backing such an arrangement needs to openly and provably be disclosed. The proof here seems to be "trust me, bro".
  • If Trump really did have $175m in hard liquid assets that he fully owned sat in an account with a reputable firm like Schwab, pretty much any surety provider would take that as collateral. So why did he need to go to some shady out of state, unregistered company? This raises the speculation that either the assets don't exist (unlikely) OR the assets do exist but they're not actually Trump's assets OR they are assets that are already subject to some other lien.
  • This also doesn't remedy the fact that Knight, in quite clear black and white terms, doesn't meet the capital requirements for a bond of this size. Their own financial statements demonstrate this.
  • IF he has $175m in liquid assets, why seek a bond at all which usually bears a fee, rather than just entering that account into escrow as collateral for the appeal? Mostly, the reasons for using a bondsman are to smooth the admin side or to ensure your assets aren't locked up, but this lot are not smoothing the admin because they're fucking useless, and Trump's argument states he has to maintain the value of the account, effectively ensuring the assets are locked up anyway. The purpose of Knight in this arrangement is very unclear.
Engoron has set a hearing on the 22nd to determine whether the bond can thus be accepted. I can't see him having much sympathy for what amounts to some fairly straight forward breaches of requirements.
You mean to tell me… Trump and co… [hush tones] lied!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.