Donald Trump

I don't like the ****, I think he was guilty but I still think it wasn't exactly a fair trial.
Id be surprised if he got voted in now but ive been surprised before

Kudos to @FogBlueInSanFran and @SWP's back and others who backed the New York jury to reach a thoughtful conclusion based on the evidence presented.
I don’t have quite that same confidence as @SWP's back that Biden wins re-election but I am closer to his view than most others and believe Biden succeeds. Still a little worried about those moderate Republicans who think/vote solely in economic terms sticking with Trump. That said, FWIW, Trump lost a work-mate of mine yesterday on this conviction and on his realiz(s)ation that Trump would likely try to pack the Federal Reserve with doves (or even appoint himself) and unleash inflation hell.

You, uh, don’t live here, do you?
I've enough information at my disposal, including the news, polls etc etc that's telling me the American Taxpayer is not happy sending Billions of pounds of Millitary equipment over to a country thats then using them to blow up children. Yeh yeh but Trump will do worse, He's not currently in power doing it!

I don’t have quite that same confidence as @SWP's back that Biden wins re-election but I am closer to his view than most others and believe Biden succeeds. Still a little worried about those moderate Republicans who think/vote solely in economic terms sticking with Trump. That said, FWIW, Trump lost a work-mate of mine yesterday on this conviction and on his realiz(s)ation that Trump would likely try to pack the Federal Reserve with doves (or even appoint himself) and unleash inflation hell.
I'm - if you've read my previous posts :-) - even less optimistic than you. Still.. I'm hopeful. And I'd like to think that Biden beats Trump is a bit more than a simple coin toss.

And at the same time, I'm very saddened.

When, in 2008, Obama was elected president I rejoiced. Both of my parents died earlier that year and missed Obama's inauguration... and I've since wondered how both of them - lifelong conservatives would have viewed Obama's electoral victory.

In 2008, I thought that social media was a force for breaking down prejudices - and that America... and indeed the world... was on the path to governance that advanced the common good, far less free of hatred. The Arab Spring contributed towards this feeling.

2016 came, and it was a wakeup call. It turns out that social media isn't a force against prejudice... instead, it acts as an amplifier of currently held opinion.
===
Back on topic... let's hope that Trump's conviction still holds some little sway come election time and that Biden wins reelection.

Last edited:
What makes it not a fair trial other than his own stupidity and the poor quality of his legal team due to the fact he rarely pays them?

Just his status as former president, I think that makes it impossible for him to get a fair trial. Especially in NY! Fuck him though, don't really care

Just his status as former president, I think that makes it impossible for him to get a fair trial. Especially in NY! Fuck him though, don't really care
Disagree.

The defense had the opportunity to screen each of the 12 jurors. And it took a unanimous verdict to convict him. Hell, the best thing going for the prosecution was fucking The Donald himself. Who, by all accounts, overruled his lawyers, and insisted on several disastrous episodes, such as the calling of Costello as a witness, trying to deny that his sexual encounters occurred at all, and going hard at Stormy, which only made the jury more sympathetic to her.

Trump was his own worst enemy. He was convicted as he deserved to be - and only helped seal conviction due to his micro-mismanagement and demeanor.

Last edited:
I totally agree with what you're saying mate. The thing is they only see Biden currently as the Evil guy, which he is. You've got House Democrats now like Rashida Tlaib actively doing ralleys telling the young voters or any voters come November remember Biden is a Genocide enabler. Her words.
As I say, they’ll be cutting off their nose to spite their own faces. I cannot stand the Israeli government. What Hamas did was abhorrent but that’s what Hamas are. We expect abhorrent acts from terrorist organisations. We don’t expect that from a democratically elected ally.

But allowing Trump into the White House will damage everyone a great deal more. I personally wish Israel would wind their fucking necks in, the US wouldn’t give them anything else that could be used offensively and the Israel lobby would fuck off. But that’s never going to happen, so back in the real world, if two leaders are going to support Israel come what may, let’s choose the one that isn’t a twice impeached, 90 times indicted, 34 times convicted, rapist ****.

Last edited:
I've enough information at my disposal, including the news, polls etc etc that's telling me the American Taxpayer is not happy sending Billions of pounds of Millitary equipment over to a country thats then using them to blow up children. Yeh yeh but Trump will do worse, He's not currently in power doing it!
You’re on record saying Biden wins in a landslide if he, what, abandons Israel? Tells BN to fuck himself publicly? Nukes Tel Aviv? Little unclear on exactly the scenario you envision that creates the alleged landslide. Also doesn’t seem you know much about the pro-Semitic lobby here even though about 36 posters have brought it up as a consideration. It’s okay though — you keep going on about how much you know, buddy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.