Donald Trump

The fact that millions of Americans see him as worthy of office and Republican senators treat him as deity, still blows my mind.

Is there anything he could do that would lose him a high proportion of support?

The fact that millions of Americans see him as worthy of office and Republican senators treat him as deity, still blows my mind.

Come out as gay, as dating a black male illegal immigrant from China, denouncing Christian God and becoming a Hindu - might lose him a few percent

Come out as gay, as dating a black male illegal immigrant from China, denouncing Christian God and becoming a Hindu - might lose him a few percent

Maybe a marginal decrease in support. The vast majority of his supporters would claim he is lying just to wind up the libs.

Large swathes of that country are completely losing their minds.

Large swathes of that country are completely losing their minds.

Trump is like a Pied Piper for the intolerant, illiterate, ignorant and ill-informed. Maybe this would have happened sooner but they didn't have the leader to bring them together.

Personally, I blame the prevalence of bad faith actors in the US media facilitated by the likes of FOX, YouTube and other socials, as well as the worldwide economic downturn. The latter is provides fertile ground for populism.

Trump is like a Pied Piper for the intolerant, illiterate, ignorant and ill-informed. Maybe this would have happened sooner but they didn't have the leader to bring them together.

Personally, I blame the prevalence of bad faith actors in the US media facilitated by the likes of FOX, YouTube and other socials, as well as the worldwide economic downturn. The latter is provides fertile ground for populism.
Yep. And it started with terrestrial radio media. Like Rush Limbaugh, and eventually Alex Jones (among many).

Oh. And electing a black man as President. Then trying to elect a woman. Don't forget that.

Yep. And it started with terrestrial radio media. Like Rush Limbaugh, and eventually Alex Jones (among many).

Oh. And electing a black man as President. Then trying to elect a woman. Don't forget that.

Must be maddening seeing how the populace has changed so much for the worse. Was it more of a case of latency where people held these views but would not express them? I suspect this has been the case in the UK, with many emboldened by the mainstreaming of the likes of UKIP and the Brexit debate.

Oh. And electing a black man as President.
That’s the one that sent them over the edge.
In 2008 I was working supplier-side to heavy-industry. That November morning, after he’d won his first term, I was in Pittsburgh meeting a customer. The owners of the company, classic small to medium sized business owners ($500m revenue) were absolutely seething. Wouldn’t say his name, just kept using ‘he’ and ‘boy’ and making all sorts of thinly-veiled threats of retribution and payback. It was deeply unpleasant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.