Donald Trump

While we are snidely denigrating America, tell your friend that America is not now, nor has it even been, a democracy…
I disagree with the "America isn't a democracy" point of view. America, in my view, is a democratic republic and as such is both a democracy and a republic.

See, for example:

I have heard this point of view for decades though - my boy scout leader from ages bygone used to proclaim that America is a republic, not a democracy.

Trumps immunity stops at the outer limits of any other country. The crime mentioned here taking place in UK would be prosecuted.
No, it wouldn’t. He would claim diplomatic immunity, the British would (could) never hold him, and he couldn’t be held to account in the USA now!

Think for a minute what you are saying? The UK would jail the leader of their largest and staunchest ally, who is not only in charge of the military, but protected at all times by a phalanx of armed guards who vow to take a bullet for him?? Seriously?

If you think the 1770s were bad, try enacting a coup d’etat of theUSA on British soil and watch what happens!

You couldn’t even snag your own politicians in Operation Yewtree, but you’re going to snag the POTUS? LOL!!!

No, it wouldn’t. He would claim diplomatic immunity, the British would (could) never hold him, and he couldn’t be held to account in the USA now!

Think for a minute what you are saying? The UK would jail the leader of their largest and staunchest ally, who is not only in charge of the military, but protected at all times by a phalanx of armed guards who vow to take a bullet for him?? Seriously?

If you think the 1770s were bad, try enacting a coup d’etat of theUSA on British soil and watch what happens!

You couldn’t even snag your own politicians in Operation Yewtree, but you’re going to snag the POTUS? LOL!!!

Leaders of countries don't get arrested in modern countries if they did it would be bedlam.

It is normal to give up diplomatic immunity for serious crimes but the US sometimes does not do so. If found guilty, he could be expelled rather than jailed. All very hypothetical because his tiny member probably could not go thru with it.
Note operation yew tree was mounted against innocent people by a lunatic police officer relying on the word of a fantasist.

I disagree with the "America isn't a democracy" point of view. America, in my view, is a democratic republic and as such is both a democracy and a republic.

See, for example:

I have heard this point of view for decades though - my boy scout leader from ages bygone used to proclaim that America is a republic, not a democracy.
For the purpose of the election of the President (see Donald Trump thread!) it is not a democracy, it is a republic, such that the last few Republican Presidents have been elected by a significant MINORITY of the votes, but passed the threshold 270 Electoral College votes.

My local Congressman and Senators ARE elected in democratic votes, though, but they belong to a different Branch of Government than the Orange Clown under discussion.

Again, this is because the Founding Fathers, looking out across their sparsely populated new States, did not want the highly populous State of Virginia to dominate their politics and crown a powerful “King” so soon after fighting a war to free themselves from one.

Local elections: democratic
National election: more of a republic
The “democratic process” of governance, certainly more republican in nature.

Last edited:
It is normal to give up diplomatic immunity for serious crimes but the US sometimes does not do so.

Diplomatic immunity is considered sacrosanct by the U.S. because they operate in many, many hostile nations where any acquiescence would lead to wholesale resignations of foreign service officers.

If found guilty, he could be expelled rather than jailed.

Guilty? In absentia, at best, and even that is fantasy. And, he would have “expelled” himself long before any plod from the UK attempted the impossible.

All very hypothetical because his tiny member probably could not go thru with it.

I heard he liked them young!

Note operation yew tree was mounted against innocent people by a lunatic police officer relying on the word of a fantasist.

Snared a few, but you must be a Cliff Richards fan. ;-)

Last edited:
Diplomatic immunity is considered sacrosanct by the U.S. because they operate in many, many hostile nations where any acquiescence would lead to wholesale resignations of foreign service officers.

Guilty? In absentia, at best, and even that is fantasy. And, he would have “expelled” himself long before any old from the UK attempted the impossible.

I heard he liked them young!

Snared a few, but you must be a Cliff Richards fan. ;-)
A few were ruined unfairly but I don’t remember any being convicted or even tried. One guy got £1m compensation after he was left homeless and jobless.

A few were ruined unfairly but I don’t remember any being convicted or even tried. One guy got £1m compensation after he was left homeless and jobless.
And rightly so, if incorrectly targeted…although £1M is chump change after your whole life is destroyed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.