Donald Trump

Separation of powers?

Have you seen some of the recent batshit crazy Supreme Court rulings?

The separation of powers clause is smoke and mirrors.
Yes I have. And my point still stands, the separation of powers exist.

Project 2025 is a pipedream, and a democratic nation like the US won't allow themselves to be ruled by what would ostensibly be a dictator.

For all the people in this thread saying things like "Trump isn't as bad as other authoritarian leaders", "Nothing bad happened last time", "There's no evidence that he's a threat to democracy just because you disagree with him" etc.

All I'll say is I really really earnestly hope that you are correct - and I'm glad you seem to have so much faith that things will all be fine. With all genuine sincerity. Because it would be truly awful to come back on here in 2028, and listen to people say 'oh well, we couldn't have possibly seen this coming'.

Its irrelevant if you cannot win in the democratic theatre. Political violence doesnt solve things, it creates a big problem on its own. Those who take power by force or by weapons, good as their intentions even might be, would soon find their position non-compatible with democracy, because who does a violent revolution or dethroning only to risk empowered ones enemies trough democracy again? And if you destroy the legitimacy of democracy, your in shit creek however you put it.

That said, Trump IS a danger, that january coup d'etat attempt was no joke, amateurish as it might have been the intention is what counts. But democracy must be inhabited by people who are politicall concious, educated, and rational for democracy to thrive, whereas its also the failure of the people if things go down the drain trough such men. In many cases those men like Trump are just a kind of cog that can slip into a certain gear of society, social/political opportunity spawns the political opportunist. The people are the ultimate authority in democracy, and it is also their ultimate responsabillety, and that wisdom has to ake people to condemn the shooting and any attempt at alteration of political leadership that is not solely trough their democratic wil and then perhaps also recognise that our social and media landscape are an attrocious issue as just one example and also recognise that they ought to likely try doing more about it than complain and especially expect politicians to solve it all.

BUT

I shall not treat trump with respect. F him, oh the poor sod got shot at you got scared Donny? No compasion, no emphaty, no sensitivity. Because what is JUST is that "What Trump deserves to be done on him, Is what Trump did onto others". The application of the golden rule says that Trump would rather twist the knife than ever have symphaty or empathy for the grief of one of his rivals, that trump would put up a foul insulting and antagonisng mouth about it just for the sakes of it and then laugh at their tears if they came, and hence does not deserve the better treatment himself. Whatever Trumsters think they can go gaslight me into showing tact and respect and emphaty can go F themselves. I have no compasion for him, he really doesnt deserve it. The rather blunt wisdom that i'd say to him is "thats what you GET for being such a monumental Ahole, not nessecarily what you deserve, but neither what is beyond the realms of expectation and you damn well knew how much you were famming the flames hard yourself". All these things i, with my limited abbilety, i believe can be ethically justified and forms the form of concious political thought that one ought to spread for utilitarian purposes. Don't promote political murder, but please dont treat Donny, of all people, as so much "the victim" because its going to make me loose my dinner every time for the next 4 consecative months.

Last edited:
Just how many Hitler’s do the LWNJ’s on here have?
Go to the Reform thread and Farage is Hitler. Come to the Trump thread and he’s Hitler. Boris was close to being Hitler.
Come on guys be a bit more imaginative. You can do better than this. Can’t you?
You forgot Netanyahu, Putin, Kim Jong Un, and probably more than a few others :-)

I'm just curious, what do you actually think will happen after Trumps re-election that will have such a devastating effect on the world, comparable to when Hitler rised to power in Germany and the nazis started WWII and killed millions of jews? What exactly happened during his last presidency that makes you think this is the likely outcome?
Well the headline issue will be I suspect Americas withdrawal from NATO, ending the status quo which has kept the world free of nuclear conflict for a few decades now.

How about withdrawal from the Paris climate accord? You probably agree (assuming you don't think climate change is a conspiracy theory, if you do then stop reading here), that that is a bad thing for us all. In addition he has already (in his previous term) removed a number of emissions limits on US industries, causing further environmental damage as a result.

Other issues, oh I don't know, America is already edging towards a Handmaids Tale situation with the introduction of controls/bans on abortion, building walls along borders, insurrection in the Capital, and whilst that is a domestic matter, it still does concern me as a supporter of freedom of choice. (And please don't throw back that I'm advocating against that by supporting the removal of Trump by any means necessary, sometimes the end justifies the means)

As an aside, as President he extolled the killings of the leader of IS and at least 1 leading military figure in a sovereign nation (Iran). If he supports assassination of political adversaries on the international stage, why the outrage when he too is the subject of a politically motivated assassination.

Go to the Reform thread and Farage is Hitler. Come to the Trump thread and he’s Hitler. Boris was close to being Hitler.

Well, apparently, pointing out that he's a rapist isn't enough for some of you, so you'll have to forgive people for getting creative.

There are many evil people in the world. Many seek power, few succeed. But it only takes one for the world to burn.

I wonder what Farage and Johnson, both supporters of Trump see in the convicted felon and rapist?

Yes I have. And my point still stands, the separation of powers exist.

Project 2025 is a pipedream, and a democratic nation like the US won't allow themselves to be ruled by what would ostensibly be a dictator.
It might be a pipe dream but the measures that are supposed to be in place to prevent it happening have already been compromised with SCOTUS already under MAGA control and congress just a hair’s breadth away.

Probably the same amount that come on here calling the left wing nut jobs or liberal wokenisters. You're all triggering each up, then being shocked and outraged and doubling down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.