Donald Trump

If @ChicagoBlue is correct, and I fear he is, then the only outcome I can see is States like New York and California making serious moves to secede from the Union. The United States is simply not sustainable if they go down that route.
Never say never but it will never happen. Having said that huge numbers of residents of California and NewYork are voting with their feet.

Great post from Chicago Blue, worthy of a read a couple of pages back.

The other thing that hasn't been addressed is the release of any form of results on DT following the incident. Is this because x-rays could possibly show something much worse?

Never say never but it will never happen. Having said that huge numbers of residents of California and NewYork are voting with their feet.
Isn't secession from the United States also illegal? I know that Texans have wanted to for the longest time.

Isn't secession from the United States also illegal? I know that Texans have wanted to for the longest time.
I believe it was made illegal by some process (Supreme Court decision?) after the Civil War. However, Texas has a specific clause in its state constitution allowing secession, so how that works, God knows.

The United States (sadly) has a long tradition of political violence. If you read up on their antebellum history, you can find stuff that makes a peaceful Englishman blanch. The only comparison in these islands would be the IRA/Loyalist stuff back in the day.

I believe it was made illegal by some process (Supreme Court decision?) after the Civil War. However, Texas has a specific clause in its state constitution allowing secession, so how that works, God knows.

The United States (sadly) has a long tradition of political violence. If you read up on their antebellum history, you can find stuff that makes a peaceful Englishman blanch. The only comparison in these islands would be the IRA/Loyalist stuff back in the day.

Federal law overrides state law in this instance.

It's not a question of law it's a question of power. And political and military reality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.