Donald Trump

Should Trump be concerned with Harris now facing him?
Yes, she has multiple advantages. At least 4 that I can see.

1. She has the advantage of a shorter period of scrutiny.

2. The media will go back to being supporters of Democrats rather than being inquisitive reporters of the news no matter who it affects.

3. Donors will give money they withheld from Biden

4. Any and all attacks on her record will be reframed as Racist and Sexist.

So Trump surely has a tougher road than he did against Biden.

Which his new VP pick pointed out in 2016.
@SebastianBlue can you let Me. K know that the V.P changed his mind on Trump just like the Cyclops of West Virginia KKK changed his on Race

Surely, if a Democrat who ran a KKK chapter can change his mind on black people, surely other men can do the same about others, yes? Or no?

Reactions: PPT
There is technically one scheduled but, with Biden dropping out, that is likely defunct.

And I think it is very unlikely Trump agrees to debate Harris at all, given she would eviscerate him on stage, and the entire spectacle would just further highlight that he is now the old, feeble candidate in the race, after spending months making the election a referendum on Biden’s age.
Prediction. Trump will accept to debate Harris. If anything, the Democrats will wait to see it Harris momentum is good enough on its own and will avoid any debates if they can.

Harris is an average debater. Has always been. She can't eviscerate anyone even if she was fed all the questions beforehand.

Some politicians are just not that good at debates. She's one of them. The debates will follow the same rules. Does Trump look like a bully? Yes, he loses. No he doesn't.

Reactions: PPT
That's a bit of a simplification. I've had, and continue to have discussions with my (American) daughter-in-law's family, who I consider sane, sensible and quite intelligent. The younger ones are anti-Trump but also were worried about Biden. One of the older ones said to me "I don't like Trump but I prefer him to Biden". It wasn't a great choice, a bit like having to choose between Johnson or Corbyn. At least we had other choices.

Incidentally, one of the guys injured in the shooting is a close friend of my daughter-in-law's uncle, and my son played in a band with him. He's actually a Democrat and is in hospital with a Secret Service guard on his room, which seems a bit OTT but is probably more to protect him from the media than anything else.
I didn't like Johnson much all the silliness and lies, I like Corbyn but realized for most he was unelectable.

However neither of these were anything like as dangerous as Trump.

Prediction. Trump will accept to debate Harris. If anything, the Democrats will wait to see it Harris momentum is good enough on its own and will avoid any debates if they can.

Harris is an average debater. Has always been. She can't eviscerate anyone even if she was fed all the questions beforehand.

Some politicians are just not that good at debates. She's one of them. The debates will follow the same rules. Does Trump look like a bully? Yes, he loses. No he doesn't.
Vance comparing Trump to Hitler probably helped him get the job as running mate. I suspect Trump has treated the comparison as a compliment.

Secret service director resigned.

After the bullying MTG was doing I don't blame her.
To be fair, both the Democratic and Republican ranking members of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee sent a letter yesterday demanding that she resign.

And, as much as I don’t like political witch hunts, absolutely everything about the assassination attempt was a shitshow, from allowing the shooter up on the roof to the agents allowing Trump to stop them from carrying him off the stage (and letting him stick his head out and raise his fist to the crowd), and everything in between, so a change in leadership was probably needed just to claw back some public confidence that it would never happen again (not that an assassination attempt would never happen again, that any attempt would ever be handled like this again).

To be fair, both the Democratic and Republican ranking members of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee sent a letter yesterday demanding that she resign.

And, as much as I don’t like political witch hunts, absolutely everything about the assassination attempt was a shitshow, from allowing the shooter up on the roof to the agents allowing Trump to stop them from carrying him off the stage (and letting him stick his head out and raise his fist to the crowd), and everything in between, so a change in leadership was probably needed just to claw back some public confidence that it would never happen again (not that an assassination attempt would never happen again, that any attempt would ever be handled like this again).
I agree with that.

Some of the "questioning" was more personal and grandstanding for Trump.

I agree with that.

Some of the "questioning" was more personal and grandstanding for Trump.
I agree there. Some of it was repulsive, especially from the likes of MTG.

But that’s was always going to be the case. And of all the committee grillings, this was probably the most appropriate one for it, if there is such a status, unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.