Donald Trump

You say negotiation. I say sales pitch. He was trying to get more arms sales into the US military complex.

But it doesn’t change the fact there is no mandate to spend that much.

What are your thoughts on Iceland being in NATO yet have no military at all. 0% spending. Would you kick them out of NATO or be fine with Russia invading them?
The funding of NATO is governed by a completely different agreement. Nothing to do with the 2% recommended target for defence spending.

The funding of NATO is governed by a completely different agreement. Nothing to do with the 2% recommended target for defence spending.

Not sure what you mean. If a country goes from 1% to 2% on gdp spent on military it’s a fair bet that a chunk of that will be spent buying hardware from the USA.

Last edited:
You say negotiation. I say sales pitch. He was trying to get more arms sales into the US military complex.

But it doesn’t change the fact there is no mandate to spend that much.

What are your thoughts on Iceland being in NATO yet have no military at all. 0% spending. Would you kick them out of NATO or be fine with Russia invading them?
F that. England should invade them (with or without support from rest of the UK). Like the Falklands, a rocky cold outcropping no one cares about. And could ensure no future national team footy upsets by annexing them.

Not sure what you mean. If a country goes from 1% to 2% on gdp spent on military it’s a fair bet that a chunk of that will be spent buying hardware from the USA.
Well, I couldn’t be clearer! NATO recommends 2% of gdp as a defence budget but that recommendation is nothing to do with nato funding. What countries spend their defence budget on is up to them, again nothing to do with how nato is funded.

Well, I couldn’t be clearer! NATO recommends 2% of gdp as a defence budget but that recommendation is nothing to do with nato funding. What countries spend their defence budget on is up to them, again nothing to do with how nato is funded.
You seem to have read something I haven’t said and have run with it.

If counties increase military spending. Odds are lots of that money will be spent in the US. Hence Trump trying to get countries to spend more money on military is him getting money into the US. Hence it felt more like a sales pitch than trying to say countries should spend 4% Simples.

Last edited:
You seem to have read something I haven’t said and have run with it.

If counties increase military spending. Odds are lots of that money will be spent in the US. Hence Trump trying to get countries to spend more money on military is him getting money into the US. Hence it felt more like a sales pitch than trying to say countries should spend 4% Simples.
Wins the prize for magical mystery tour.

“Ohio Sen. Vance has said former president and current GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump selected him as his running mate to boost the Trump campaign’s appeal in Vance’s home region.

“Outfront” anchor Erin Burnett on Thursday asked Enten if that would be the case.

“Not according to the favorable ratings,” Enten replied, noting Vance currently has a net favorability rating of -16 points in his home region of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin.

It compares to -5 point net favorability in all polls.

“So, the people who know him best, the region that knows him best, they like him even less than America likes him,” said Enten.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.