Donald Trump

Left or right, surely it is true that Trump is a horrible human being who you'd be embarrassed to be associated with? No?
No.

He is a prickly self important business man.

The things he represents and supports are far more important than whatever one thinks about him personally.

Again, I have to point out the Liberals supported a guy who was suffering from some form.of age related mental decline. So much so he isn't fit enough to run for office.

The point is Liberals would have voted for him again as best they can had a coup to put him out from running again not succeeded.

They would have done so because they prefer liberal ideas. Similarly, Non -Liberals (real ones) would do the exact opposite.

Their worst guy is better than your best guy... That's the true value at play.

Ask any of the liberals here if they'd have voted Desantis over Biden... The answer would be No. They'd just find a new excuse why he is worse than Biden. He has zero of Trump's personal failings.

In my view, It's not about Trump. No matter how much they lie to themselves. They'd have taken Biden over anyone the Conservatives wanted. It's about a difference in values.

Which lefties are you on about? Kamala is not left, nor is/was Biden. Centre right maybe, but not anywhere near left.

That’s the issue, Trump et al are far far right. Kamala et al are rightie.
The Far far right is fascist misogynistic dictatorship leaning, that’s why the rest of the political spectrum (including the right) are against them.

Just because Trump et al, can label right-wing Kamala et al as lefties, does not make them lefties from any standpoint but their own warped sense of, ahem, righteousness
Where are you from? This might be the issue here. In America, left and Right simply means Conservative and Liberal.

Those on both side negatively label the other side like you've done here. But that's neither here nor there.

As for Kamala, her record in Congress, not according to some Far Right Nutjob, but according to Anyo e and everyone tabulating votes, she voted more on the left than any other Senator.

But, I'd agree Kamala isn't a communist Lefty or anything like that. She's your quintessential opportunist politician. She goes with what she thinks would give her the best chance of winning..

Being a California Senator, it's no surprise she voted left of most Senators. That's what was in her bear interest at the time.

When she ran for President, it was no surprise she attacked Biden as a racist, as that was her best line of attack and in her best interest. Now that she's running for President in the general, it's no surprise she puts on a Southern accent when she goes to Atlanta or suddenly is now pro police after being pro the "abolish folks" only a few years back.

She is a politician. That much is true. And her only true stand is whatever will advantage Kamala.

No.

The things he represents and supports are far more important than whatever one thinks about him personally.

Again, I have to point out the Liberals supported a guy who was suffering from some form.of age related mental decline. So much so he isn't fit enough to run for office.

The point is Liberals would have voted for him again as best they can had a coup to put him out from running again not succeeded.

They would have done so because they prefer liberal ideas. Similarly, Non -Liberals (real ones) would do the exact opposite.

Ask any of the liberals here if they'd have voted Desantis over Biden... The answer would be No. They'd just find a new excuse why he is worse than Biden. He has zero of Trump's personal failings.

In my view, It's not about Trump. No matter how much they lie to themselves. They'd have taken Biden over anyone the Conservatives wanted. It's about a difference in values.

Yes. The people you criticise have values, Whereas MAGA Republicans obviously don't.

No.

Today I vote fundamentally for moderate pragmatists.

You're right that I'd have voted for Biden over Desantis -- but fundamentally because Desantis supports Trump. Endorsed him after he couldn't beat him, naturally. And would have sung his praises instead of disavowing him even had he won the nomination. Such naked opportunism is arguably as bad a moral failing as being Trump. Desantis was a non-starter -- we'd never have gotten to his ideas/policies. Lickspittles disgust me.

Had he disavowed him, maybe we could start discussing other things, like policy. Since I always thought Biden was a pragmatic moderate (and we can argue that of course) and Desantis isn't, I don't know how I'd have unstuck from Biden. That said, as you know, I was worried about Joe from day one and said he should have announced he was a one-term President after the midterms if not before. But water under the bridge, hypothetical, etc.

Yet I voted for Romney over Obama.

And I've voted for other Republicans in the past. Like Reagan. And the first Bush. Not sure I would today, mind. And perhaps I would have for McCain had I not thought it was more important culturally and for long-term national healing and progress to vote for Obama (well, look how that turned out).

Entirely feasible -- though longer odds -- that I would have voted for a Republican over Biden had that Republican been an ardent anti-Trumper from day one and stuck with it.

But this is silly, because that's not possible in today's GOP, because its platform has been subsumed by a cult of personality.

Problem is there aren't any other GOPers left other than those who have either lost their jobs or quit their roles. The entire party is a cult in an inexorable moral decline marked by self-protection and cowardice.

It is, was, and will be 1000% about Trump.

I personally think you're clinging to a platform that doesn't exist.

Meantime, I think there are millions like me. Parties and platforms absolutely matter, but we vote for people.

Last edited:
Donald Trump comes from a family full of racists. Chances are the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You can't really deny that especially from his actions during his presidency. As far as the US Political system goes that does need a huge overhaul as Trump shouldn't be anywhere near the elections.
Greatest democracy in the world!
(Cough, cough)

You obviously are !

I reckon that you'd better warn my Asian wife, kids, my part Jamaican grandchildren, my Jamaican best mate, his wife, kids, grandchildren, and the Indian guy at the corner shop that I saved from a racist attack that I'm a raving racist............

You need your head sorting out.

You sir are a throbber !
Racist!

What’s a throbber?
Is it someone who really gets off on stealing.?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.