Donald Trump

You obviously are !

I reckon that you'd better warn my Asian wife, kids, my part Jamaican grandchildren, my Jamaican best mate, his wife, kids, grandchildren, and the Indian guy at the corner shop that I saved from a racist attack that I'm a raving racist............

You need your head sorting out.

You sir are a throbber !

digging-thank-you.gif

andI think Trump has had a fascist world view since long, long before he even ran for president in 2016. There is plenty of evidence for this in the way he ran his businesses, interacted with other entities, the testimony he gave to various government entities over the decades, and the general statements he made before his first campaign. And that evidence has only grown since then, including how his administration operated whilst he was in office and how he and his handlers have acted and spoken over the last four years.

Whilst I agree most of what is happening now is him being used a useful idiot for more malicious actors’ aims, that does not make him less of a fascist. If anything, his worldview aligning with the sort of regime that his handlers which to realise helps keep him more in line than would otherwise be the case.

Beyond all that, the people that have worked with him and known him best over his life all say he is a fascist, including several people I know personally who had the misfortunate of dealing with him directly in NYC in the 90s, and that is good enough for me.

Fair enough. You are closer to this than I am. I just don't think he even has a world view.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, I suppose. I am just surprised you are so certain of all this. As you know, I never liked absolutism. :)

This is something that sends me round in circles.

Thick people falling for this stuff I totally understand.

It's the people who should know better I am baffled by.
What stuff exactly are they falling for? I know Foggy hates when we ask questions. Apparently, asking questions is a sign you are part of the hive mind. Lol

People who vote for Trump simply don't like what people on the left in general stand for and what they believe people on the left stand for

Similarly people on the Left don't like what they believe people on the Right stand for. People on the left just struggle to admit this. They'd rather think they were special and on the side of the angels.

What stuff exactly are they falling for? I know Foggy hates when we ask questions. Apparently, asking questions is a sign you are part of the hive mind. Lol

People who vote for Trump simply don't like what people on the left in general stand for and what they believe people on the left stand for

Similarly people on the Left don't like what they believe people on the Right stand for. People on the left just struggle to admit this. They'd rather think they were special and on the side of the angels.
Left or right, surely it is true that Trump is a horrible human being who you'd be embarrassed to be associated with? No?

Fair enough. You are closer to this than I am. I just don't think he even has a world view.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, I suppose. I am just surprised you are so certain of all this. As you know, I never liked absolutism. :)
This is a great write up regarding the debate amongst the public, analysts, and historians as to whether Trump is a Fascist (and an excellent book on the topic), if you are interested.

As referenced in the article, perhaps you subscribe to the position that it’s only true fascism if it comes from Italy; otherwise, it’s just sparkling authoritarianism. :-)

Last edited:

Which lefties are you on about? Kamala is not left, nor is/was Biden. Centre right maybe, but not anywhere near left.

That’s the issue, Trump et al are far far right. Kamala et al are rightie.
The Far far right is fascist misogynistic dictatorship leaning, that’s why the rest of the political spectrum (including the right) are against them.

Just because Trump et al, can label right-wing Kamala et al as lefties, does not make them lefties from any standpoint but their own warped sense of, ahem, righteousness

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.