Donald Trump

America loves an underdog :)
Americans hate underdogs. Because if America is an underdog, it means America is bad at something, and many Americans don’t believe America is bad at anything.

Trump acts like he’s the best at literally everything and look at how his cult members fall down to their knees and worship the corpulent prick.

Americans hate underdogs. Because if America is an underdog, it means America is bad at something, and many Americans don’t believe America is bad at anything.

Trump acts like he’s the best at literally everything and look at how his cult members fall down to their knees and worship the corpulent prick.
Trump is psychologically incapable of accepting that he is an underdog. He's a compulsive liar and he will still be claiming to be a billionaire when his bank accounts are frozen and the state is picking of his assets.

People assume he just has to keep his head above water until November. All that is going to happen then is Biden is going to win. Trump is on a downward spiral that will end up with jail and bankruptcy. Its gone to far to stop now.

Trump is psychologically incapable of accepting that he is an underdog. He's a compulsive liar and he will still be claiming to be a billionaire when his bank accounts are frozen and the state is picking of his assets.

People assume he just has to keep his head above water until November. All that is going to happen then is Biden is going to win. Trump is on a downward spiral that will end up with jail and bankruptcy. Its gone to far to stop now.
I agree with all of this save the jail part (the earlier discussion about the judicial system bending over backwards resonates with me — one side out of blinkered partiality, the other out of a strained desire to appear impartial) but I think the bankruptcy (personal this time, not corporate like his other bankruptcies) is inevitable if he lives long enough.

I’m not sure about him easily having a liquid $175M to post as collateral for the bond in ten days either, btw, though I’d guess the number is no coincidence — it’s one he can come up with, but with pain.

I read an interesting snippet the other day. The writer was saying the polls deliberately overestimate Trump’s support. The media will not pay for polls showing Biden as the likely winner as that lacks controversy, so the pollsters manipulate the numbers. It’s a theory anyway.

I read an interesting snippet the other day. The writer was saying the polls deliberately overestimate Trump’s support. The media will not pay for polls showing Biden as the likely winner as that lacks controversy, so the pollsters manipulate the numbers. It’s a theory anyway.
What's that writer's take on space lasers?

The ones that vote for him must surely be thick as pig shit.
No. That's the problem.

Politics is so polarised in the USA that normally sane, well educated folk will hold their noses and put an X in the box next to the rapey, orange, morally bankrupt (and soon to be financially bankrupt, AGAIN), wannabe dictator because it "isn't Sleepy Joe Biden".

No. That's the problem.

Politics is so polarised in the USA that normally sane, well educated folk will hold their noses and put an X in the box next to the rapey, orange, morally bankrupt (and soon to be financially bankrupt, AGAIN), wannabe dictator because it "isn't Sleepy Joe Biden".
And it's an aspirational culture.
People want to be all the things that Trump portrays (even though "normal" people see it's a false portrayal).
Rich, glamourous, healthy, brash, loud, strong, resilient, fighting, bouncing back, etc.
They vote for him for many reasons but one strong reason is that he is what they want to be themselves.
The stupid fucks that they are.

No. That's the problem.

As I said they must surely be as thick of pig shit.

Conspiracy theories aside, the best analysis I have seen regarding why the polls may overestimate Trump’s support (or the support for candidates Trump is backing) is due to sampling bias.

The pollsters do their best to capture a diverse, representative population for each survey round but it has become increasingly more difficult to get legitimate respondents, especially those in the younger age ranges, who by and large don’t answer their phones, are very skeptical of cold text messages and emails, and aren’t particularly motivated to participate in online surveys. And those are the respondents most likely to support Biden (or be ‘independent’).

Trump’s current support, in contrast, skews older and more eager to share their views, are much more likely to answer their phones or respond to cold text messages and emails, and are also more likely to be less truthful about their previous political behaviour and affiliations (not all polls undertake rigorous screening or post-response vetting).

Polling organisations do try to pre-select respondent pools to ensure a balanced sample, but when you are seeing declining response rates, and need to hit a magic number to be able to claim a 3% error margin, you do what you must to meet deadlines.

All of this may lead to polling that tends to exaggerate Trump’s support compared to Biden’s.

Conspiracy theories aside, the best analysis I have seen regarding why the polls may overestimate Trump’s support (or the support for candidates Trump is backing) is due to sampling bias.

The pollsters do their best to capture a diverse, representative population for each survey round but it has become increasingly more difficult to get legitimate respondents, especially those in the younger age ranges, who by and large don’t answer their phones, are very skeptical of cold text messages and emails, and aren’t particularly motivated to participate in online surveys. And those are the respondents most likely to support Biden (or be ‘independent’).

Trump’s current support, in contrast, skews older and more eager to share their views, are much more likely to answer their phones or respond to cold text messages and emails, and are also more likely to be less truthful about their previous political behaviour and affiliations (not all polls undertake rigorous screening or post-response vetting).

Polling organisations do try to pre-select respondent pools to ensure a balanced sample, but when you are seeing declining response rates, and need to hit a magic number to be able to claim a 3% error margin, you do what you must to meet deadlines.

All of this may lead to polling that tends to exaggerate Trump’s support compared to Biden’s.
I admire your optimism, but from experience I'm refusing to believe it's a done deal that Biden will beat Trump in November. Maybe in a fair fight, but Trump fights dirty. He is the perfect example of a turd that won't flush.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.