dont think loyalty point fiasco will happen again

sniff said:
SWP's back said:
The clubs a business and money is king

Although that statement is in part true, they only get away with what we allow when all is said and done.

A little foresight, and interest in others issues would make this the best supporter experience in the world.

the im alright attitude just turns us into every other club, i liked the fact we didnt rip our fans off, i loved the fact we didnt force fans to attend. I dont like whats comming

what is coming? are you saying that we will be forced to be in the cup scheme from next season? that wouldn't be right, it should be a choice. I'm not doing the "I'm alright Jack" thingy, the fact is why should somebody who hasn't been to any cup games this season get a ticket over some younger supporter who hasn't had the time to accumulate enough loyalty points but has attended every cup game this season when Mr loadsofpoints couldn't be arsed and sat in his armchair and watched it on ITV4?
BTW the most I paid for any of the cup games was £22.50, hardly a rip-off.

charliebigspuds said:
sniff said:
Although that statement is in part true, they only get away with what we allow when all is said and done.

A little foresight, and interest in others issues would make this the best supporter experience in the world.

the im alright attitude just turns us into every other club, i liked the fact we didnt rip our fans off, i loved the fact we didnt force fans to attend. I dont like whats comming

what is coming? are you saying that we will be forced to be in the cup scheme from next season? that wouldn't be right, it should be a choice. I'm not doing the "I'm alright Jack" thingy, the fact is why should somebody who hasn't been to any cup games this season get a ticket over some younger supporter who hasn't had the time to accumulate enough loyalty points but has attended every cup game this season when Mr loadsofpoints couldn't be arsed and sat in his armchair and watched it on ITV4?

Im not saying the club will force you into the cup direct scheme, but you can be 100% certain that all those without decent points will sign up next season.

In effect your forced by demand, not by the corporate bad guy at United. So the club have managed to implement the same scheme, but minus the negative PR, its either marketing genius, or stupidity of the highest order(by th supporter).

I agree that any supporter who hasnt attended previous rounds should be lower in the queue than those who have to a point.

At the end of the day those people have the points because they have had a SC for a long time. But why not just do it the old way where you needed to produce ticket stubbs ? Its easy to put into action with considering the way we ticket our games. No the sceptic in me is saying that wouldnt encourage the CDS, but it would 100% reward the attending fans. You tell me what that looks like.

also why should people who attended all the games, but didnt sign the CDS be passed over for a ticket by, as you put it.

"some younger supporter who hasn't had the time to accumulate enough loyalty points but has attended every cup game this season "

If some one going for longer has more points then thats rewarding loyalty, im younger than people who have been going for 30+ years, i cant honestly say i deserve to go more than that guy just because im younger and havent had the choice. It earning your stripes, to coin a figure of speech

Just to answer the little edit... £22.50 isnt a lot really. Now ask yourself if they will charge at MOST £22.50 for a cup replay against Notts County whe they have 20k + people who have already signed up and agreed to pay what ever they deem fit for the day. If they think full price £30+ is reasonable, what recourse do we have ? dont pay be thrown off and lose your place for a ticket to a final.

CDS people all well and good. But people like myself that have all the cup games from all 3 competitions on their accounts should be able to buy at same time as CDS.

What difference does it make that I paid per game as long as I was actually AT them all??

3050 loyalty points just aint gonna cut it to get me to a final that I have been supporting throughout the whole season.

mcfcliam said:
SWP's back said:
The clubs a business and money is king

Makes me sick when people call our club a 'business' and the fans 'customers'.

Wrong on so many levels.
Be sick all you like, it's true.

Ask anyone that's sat with me if I show passion or treat the game as a "match day experience" or business. It doesnt change the fact that it is a business an so what if someone joined a scheme and couldn't attend. They missed out, the club got paid.

I'm sure this must have been asked before but when did the club start the loyalty points scheme ?

I ask partly because I often read stuff on here comparing the younger supporters with those who've clocked up loads of points and been going 30+ years. I have been going longer than that but I know I don't have points from that far back and don't have any from all the aways I did back then.

I'm sure the loyalty points can have only been going less than 7 or 8 years. Is that right ?

sniff said:
charliebigspuds said:

Im not saying the club will force you into the cup direct scheme, but you can be 100% certain that all those without decent points will sign up next season.

In effect your forced by demand, not by the corporate bad guy at United. So the club have managed to implement the same scheme, but minus the negative PR, its either marketing genius, or stupidity of the highest order(by th supporter).

I agree that any supporter who hasnt attended previous rounds should be lower in the queue than those who have to a point.

At the end of the day those people have the points because they have had a SC for a long time. But why not just do it the old way where you needed to produce ticket stubbs ? Its easy to put into action with considering the way we ticket our games. No the sceptic in me is saying that wouldnt encourage the CDS, but it would 100% reward the attending fans. You tell me what that looks like.

also why should people who attended all the games, but didnt sign the CDS be passed over for a ticket by, as you put it.

"some younger supporter who hasn't had the time to accumulate enough loyalty points but has attended every cup game this season "

If some one going for longer has more points then thats rewarding loyalty, im younger than people who have been going for 30+ years, i cant honestly say i deserve to go more than that guy just because im younger and havent had the choice. It earning your stripes, to coin a figure of speech

I understand your argument and TBF you have made some good points but no matter how they do it someone is gunna get pissed off, I believe the cup scheme is a good thing, we need better attendances for cup games and therefore the people that are in it should be rewarded. The people that bought our club haven't done it for charity, they aim to make money and playing on the telly around the world with the ground showing empty seats isn't good for business. We could always go back to not being any good and not making any semis/finals and everyone just turning up when they want, for me personally I'm willing to pay the price for some success. If we move on 5 years from now and we are competing on all fronts then your season ticket and CDS membership will be like gold therefore stopping as many glory hunters taking the tickets.

-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:25 pm --

MonsallBlue said:
CDS people all well and good. But people like myself that have all the cup games from all 3 competitions on their accounts should be able to buy at same time as CDS.

What difference does it make that I paid per game as long as I was actually AT them all??

3050 loyalty points just aint gonna cut it to get me to a final that I have been supporting throughout the whole season.

you're in the same situation as my dad, I feel for you but they have to cut it somewhere, I believe you deserve one more than Mr Loadsapoints who hasn't attended any cup games!
My dad gave up his season ticket a couple of years ago and got a new one last season, he didn't have a season ticket for just one year and his points were not carried over, he f*cked up big time!!!

sniff said:
charliebigspuds said:
I don't understand all the crap that went on with this, you buy a season ticket and that gets you in for the league games then you join the cup scheme (which is practically a cup season ticket), you don't know how much it will cost or how many games it will be but you sign up anyway. The FA cup are cup games so you should be entitled to a cup ticket IMO, loyalty is then rewarded. I'm in the scheme and I went to every game and I also have enough points to get a final ticket so it doesn't matter to me but if the club don't reward the cup schemers this season then why would anyone sign up for it next season, they must reward the cup schemers to get more people on it next season otherwise we are going to be playing in the Champs league next season with crowds of 25000/30000 which frankly will be embarrassing!!

you see their are twi sides to that coin.

It also spells the end to any chaep tickets, it also gives us the same scheme in effect as at United. Its not enforced by the club, but imo a far more sly back handed way. If you dont agree they dont go to a semi or a final, because as i expect every one will sign up next year. At the end of the day i dont blame fans for being uninterested in the Uefa cup, or games against Notts county. All it means next year is full price tickets for those games. I just worry more that no one can see this for what it is.
So what you are saying is that people who go to all the crap games at the beginning of competitions shouldn't be rewarded with priority access to the showpiece events at the end?
Nobody is being forced to sign up to the cup scheme, but those that do will get first dibs on semi final and final tickets. I really can't for the life of me understand what the bloody hell everybody's problem is with that?

MonsallBlue said:

I agreee whole with this totally, surely it is not to hard for the club to know the purchase history for every sseason ticket holder...I have been to every FA cup game, Europa League and even the Valencia friendly before the start of the season...I dont go with the argument about the CDS being a a Cup season ticket...as you dont pay the money up front into the clubs bank account like a season ticket. If they are going to reward CDS scheme members then surely it should be the same as everyone who has attended all these games also.. I am hoping I will be OK forthe final tho'...with 3930 points!!!

GrumpyBlue86 said:
sniff said:
you see their are twi sides to that coin.

It also spells the end to any chaep tickets, it also gives us the same scheme in effect as at United. Its not enforced by the club, but imo a far more sly back handed way. If you dont agree they dont go to a semi or a final, because as i expect every one will sign up next year. At the end of the day i dont blame fans for being uninterested in the Uefa cup, or games against Notts county. All it means next year is full price tickets for those games. I just worry more that no one can see this for what it is.
So what you are saying is that people who go to all the crap games at the beginning of competitions shouldn't be rewarded with priority access to the showpiece events at the end?
Nobody is being forced to sign up to the cup scheme, but those that do will get first dibs on semi final and final tickets. I really can't for the life of me understand what the bloody hell everybody's problem is with that?

I have no problem with that. My main problem is the fact I have been to all cup games in all comps and I am being discriminated against because I paid by the match. My money was still paid at the same time they CDS people got charged. Or within days anyway.

But, like has been said they cant please everyone

MonsallBlue said:
GrumpyBlue86 said:

I have no problem with that. My main problem is the fact I have been to all cup games in all comps and I am being discriminated against because I paid by the match. My money was still paid at the same time they CDS people got charged. Or within days anyway.

But, like has been said they cant please everyone
Ok I can understand your argument on that one, and had I been to every cup game but not joined the scheme I'd be pissed off as well. On the other side of the coin I am sure there are City card holders who have been to every home cup game but they never have stood a cat in hells chance of getting a ticket to either game. That in essence is the same thing, but nobody is complaining about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.