'Don't Wait For Me' - Joe Hart

Yep, it was "don't wait for me", meaning "pick your spot now", sewing a seed of doubt in the taker's mind.

Worked a treat. The taker hesitated in the run up.

Well done Joe.

I see Graham Poll has seen fit to complain about it, and suggest that he could have been booked for unsporting behaviour and the penalty re-taken.

Even though he referred to a previous similar incident, he suggested it might now result in a rule change.

moomba said:
I see Graham Poll has seen fit to complain about it, and suggest that he could have been booked for unsporting behaviour and the penalty re-taken.

Even though he referred to a previous similar incident, he suggested it might now result in a rule change.

Graham Poll is without doubt one of the biggest twats in the history of the universe.

Lancet Fluke said:
moomba said:

Graham Poll is without doubt one of the biggest twats in the history of the universe.

Spot on. He is the biggest attention seeking twat around which is why he was an awful referee.

Lancet Fluke said:
moomba said:

Indeed.

Top work by Joe. The save has actually been 'forgotten' in por post match appraisals.

Anyone think if they'd scored we may have played different/better?

I took a penalty years ago in the champions of cheadle final, late on and to win the game. The keeper was giving it the big one like Joe, I struck the ball sweetly straight past the post at which point I continued my run up and one arrowed the keeper straight into the net, I was in the changing room before the red was even out.

I'm sure Hart realised he was risking a booking by coming right up to the spot instead of getting back on his line.

Doubt he would of lost much sleep if that had happened but there was no grounds to have it retaken no matter what bullshit Poll might say.

I've thought for a long time that 'keepers would be better off not commiting until after the ball has been kicked on penalties, since so many try to be clever, banging it down the middle , knowing the 'keeper is going one way or the other. Although I suppose if they all started doing that, they would go back to tapping them in the corner.

Either way, Hart definately got in his head. just a pity it didn't really matter in the end.

The commentator on the match I watched said "Joe Hart has yet to save a penalty this season" before Sinclair took it!

Nailed on he would save it after that!

Let's hope he has no more pens to save for the rest of the season (nice to finish that one on a high for Joe!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.