Dortmund away travel advice please

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
citizen said:
Can do via Amsterdam too. £65 flight and train £30 return. 2 hours 50 on train.

Hotel in Amsterdam Monday £25 pp Hotel in Dortmund tuesday £20 pp. £140 all in.

Can you give me a link to the £30 return train please. Im getting €45ish on way on bahn.de

I was using a random couple of dates as not on sale for the 4/5th yet.Just had a look today and same dates are now 48 euro up from 38 when I last looked. Maybe have to move quick when they do come on sale. Should be available in next few days

Yes but is that a return or one way?

citizen said:
citizen said:
Can you give me a link to the £30 return train please. Im getting €45ish on way on bahn.de

I was using a random couple of dates as not on sale for the 4/5th yet.Just had a look today and same dates are now 48 euro up from 38 when I last looked. Maybe have to move quick when they do come on sale. Should be available in next few days

return.

<a class="postlink" href="http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query2.exe/en?ld=9639&seqnr=1&ident=l0.02146439.1346676624&rt=1&rememberSortType=minDeparture&guiVCtrl_connection_detailsOut_select_C0-0=yes&selectOutwardJourney=yes&selectReturnMode=yes&guiVCtrl_connection_detailsOut_add_selection=yes&HWAI=JS!ajax=yes!&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query2 ... ajax=yes!&</a>

Blue Punter said:
elanoblueboy said:
why would you pay 300 quid tho a trip when you can do it yourself, for well cheaper, ive done madrid for 100 quid and amsterdam dont get it

I'm sure Spikes trip appeals to those who struggle getting time off work or those who like to have things organised on their behalf.

Personally I've had some great trips that have been sorted out independently. I don't get the "hassle" bit. Especially in Germany where the public transport is unbelievably good and it's so easy to plan ahead.

We went to Munich via Zurich last year and stayed in two beautiful places (Lindau & Landsberg) en route. We went to Villareal (Valencia) via Madrid, where we had a great night on Gran Via as it was a public holiday the next day. For Salzburg, we stayed in Munich and visited the Olympic Stadium, watched a Bayern II game (League 1 level) at their original ground and had a brilliant Friday night with the locals.

Another advantage with organising it independently is you can invite and spend 2 or 3 days with whoever you want. You don't get that option with organised trips.

I can understand £300 for Moscow or Kiev, but not for Northern Germany.

Agree with this. I'm sure Spike's trips are ideal for certain locations and I also agree that if they were, say, £20-£40 more expensive then it's probably better to book with him but this one can easily be done independently with 2 nights' accomodation thrown in for well under £200 all in. I got it for £170 with flights to Dusseldorf and 2 nights in the Ibis but even though the direct Manchester - Dusseldorf flights have since rocketed, it can still be done cheaply with flights via Amsterdam and the train to Dusseldorf.

I booked manchester-Munich/munich- Dortmund return. A night in Munich and a night in Dortmund. Both 4* hotels and was less than £200pp. Home late Wednesday night though 11pm. Did dusseldorf for the friendly and although it's a mint place for a drink the train shit after the game was a pain in the arse, will be bobbins if we take a few thousand over with the majority wanting the train after the game. only had to use 2 days holiday aswelfor this one, used 4 for Madrid

RACHACE said:
I booked manchester-Munich/munich- Dortmund return. A night in Munich and a night in Dortmund. Both 4* hotels and was less than £200pp. Home late Wednesday night though 11pm. Did dusseldorf for the friendly and although it's a mint place for a drink the train shit after the game was a pain in the arse, will be bobbins if we take a few thousand over with the majority wanting the train after the game. only had to use 2 days holiday aswelfor this one, used 4 for Madrid

Was thinking of stopping in Dusseldorf and getting the train back after. Do you have any more info on the trains? Was the problem just a lack of train availability at that time of night?

And does anyone know if the free matchday train travel would include a train from Weeze airport to Dusseldorf/Dortmund? I'm assuming not.

citizen said:

return.

<a class="postlink" href="http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query2.exe/en?ld=9639&seqnr=1&ident=l0.02146439.1346676624&rt=1&rememberSortType=minDeparture&guiVCtrl_connection_detailsOut_select_C0-0=yes&selectOutwardJourney=yes&selectReturnMode=yes&guiVCtrl_connection_detailsOut_add_selection=yes&HWAI=JS!ajax=yes!&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query2 ... ajax=yes!&</a>

How far is the ground from the station? I am looking to book it the same way - flying to Amsterdam then return train from there. Need to know what times to look at booking trains so we have enough time to have a booze and get there etc

Germanwings from Manchester to Koeln-Bonn arrives mid afternoon on the day of the game. It was less than £50 one-way, might be higher now. Then take an IC or ICE train, about 75-90 min from Koeln Hauptbahnhof to Dortmund.

Blue Punter said:
At this point, I'd like to thank Ruhr for his great advice.

If you're about in NRW when we play Dortmund, there's an Altbier in Duss or a Kolsch in Koln waiting on the bar for you, Sir.

Many thanks. I´ve a strange feeling, that Schalke and City will face each other in the knock out stage, So any time then. And in Gelsenkirchen they have real beer ;)

You can still get Easy Jet flights to Hamburg for less than £80 Return.

Train takes just under 3 hours and costs around 40 euros.

Just checked and you can still fly direct to Dortmund from Luton going on morning of the game back on Weds or Thursday for under £100 return with easyjet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.