Dortmund away travel advice please

Lufthansa and Flybe do flights from Manchester to Dusseldorf. Some still not too badly priced. The cheaper flights the morning of the game coming back the day after seem to be the ones that have shot up in price, if your prepared to stay a couple of nights the flights don't seem too badly priced.

The trains are fantastic and we used our match ticket on the last train to Dusseldorf from Gelshilk%$£% Shalke at 3 in the morning.

At this point, I'd like to thank Ruhr for his great advice.

I think he came on here when we played Schalke 04 and has visited ever since.

I've been to Duss/Koln many times since and he's always on hand with tips, advice and good wishes. Always responds to Pm's.

If you're about in NRW when we play Dortmund, there's an Altbier in Duss or a Kolsch in Koln waiting on the bar for you, Sir.

Any ideas at which points category this will sell out at? Thought this one might be the easiest to get tickets for out of the three.

588 miles from MCR to Dortmund in the car, thinking about it depends on the cost of the crossing...

city51 said:
No cheap flights left driving and ferry it is then

Manchester to Hamburg Easyjet
Out Monday 3rd December arriving 16.40,
Return Wed 5th arriving 18.35
Cost £67
Train from Hamburg airport to Dortmund central
Takes 3 hours ish with one change. Local train then the reliable fast and clean inter city
The return special offer fare hasn't been released yet as it goes on sale 92 days ahead, but the outbound train fare is 29 Euros arriving in Dortmund at 9.30pm
Get to your hotel and you'll be out on the piss at 10 o'clock

Cost for the whole journey £110 ish

Alternatively, if you want to spend £40 more, fly Luftansa on the same dates, arriving in Hamburg at 10.40 Monday morning and back in Manchester 18.50 Wednesday evening
The flights are £108 return and the train journey is the same, 29 Euros

Personally I'd do the Luftansa flights as you'll get to Dortmund mid afternoon and fuck all that driving off.
In the time it'll take you to get to a port and cross the North Sea, you could fly, take the train and be sucking sausages in Dortmund.
Believe me it'll take a day and a half in the car and you'll be knackered

The Pink Panther said:
city51 said:

Cost £67
Takes 3 hours ish with one change. Local train then the reliable fast and clean inter city
The return special offer fare hasn't been released yet as it goes on sale 92 days ahead, but the outbound train fare is 29 Euros arriving in Dortmund at 9.30pm

Alternatively, if you want to spend £40 more, fly Luftansa on the same dates, arriving in Hamburg at 10.40 Monday morning and back in Manchester 18.50 Wednesday evening

Personally I'd do the Luftansa flights as you'll get to Dortmund mid afternoon and fuck all that driving off.
In the time it'll take you to get to a port and cross the North Sea, you could fly, take the train and be sucking sausages in Dortmund.

Can do via Amsterdam too. £65 flight and train £30 return. 2 hours 50 on train.

Hotel in Amsterdam Monday £25 pp Hotel in Dortmund tuesday £20 pp. £140 all in.

Certainly won't take you a day and a half in a car been loads and all over Europe but get where you are coming from with the ease of the flight times you printed, being a Tuesday game was thinking could leave Sunday and have a chilled drive anyway but guess its the coming back that will be the drag

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The Pink Panther said:
city51 said:

Cost £67

Can you give me a link to the £30 return train please. Im getting €45ish on way on bahn.de

citizen said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The Pink Panther said:
Cost £67

Can you give me a link to the £30 return train please. Im getting €45ish on way on bahn.de

I was using a random couple of dates as not on sale for the 4/5th yet.Just had a look today and same dates are now 48 euro up from 38 when I last looked. Maybe have to move quick when they do come on sale. Should be available in next few days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.