Dortmund Fans

MSP said:
Ruhr said:
MSP said:
In no other league rivals are supporting domestically hated team but in Germany. It's pathetic and doesn't have anything with football.

Bollocks. Schalke and Dortmund fans were having a party, when Bayern lost the CL final.

Might be but read bvbl's posts and you'll see that I have some point. He certainly looks happy Bayern won it. And it's even worse for non-german bundesliga team fans.

As I said I really really admire German fans on stadiums - Dortmund, Schalke, Nurnberg, even Bayern fans are all loud and much more to my likes than english fans. But I don't like that "german pride" thing that is often very present in pure football discussions.

This is not a German pride that is the support for a club playing in the country where you live.

I look straight Conference, Stuttgart, Hannover, Gladbach, Lev

and I do not begrudge anyone the victory but I do not sit in front of the TV with Germany flag

De Jong 1-0 Gladbach :)<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:25 pm --<br /><br />
MSP said:
BVBler said:
MSP said:
Might be but read bvbl's posts and you'll see that I have some point. He certainly looks happy Bayern won it. And it's even worse for non-german bundesliga team fans.

Bundesliga and International are two different shoes

Not for real football fans

Ok then I'm just not a real football fan in your eyes, but you know what I enjoy the sport so as to of youth :)

It is interesting that our visit has sparked identical debates with City as it did Arsenal last season.

Without doubt, City fans were far far better than Arsenal, but the debate is depressingly similar. The reaction of the majority of fans is to, generally, moan: the drums should not have been allowed in; the flags were too big; the Dortmund fans were standing, and moreover, in our fan blocks. This is disgusting. The minority take the opposing view; that the Dortmund fans were a passionate and friendly bunch, sung for (more than) 90 minutes and spurred their team on - something we should aspire to do.

My observations from our section in the lower south stand was that City fans really tried hard to creat an atmosphere, but it was never going to happen because the basics are not there. For a start, no coordination. Yes, some don't like the lead given by the drum and the megaphone guys, but it works. In Dortmund, you will see that this is restricted to the South stands. If you don't like that kind of thing, choose another part of the ground. Second, your fans arrived literally, five minutes before kick off - no chance to build an atmosphere, just a matter of fact attendance at a game. Finally, the City fans I (casually) observed just didn't really seem to be enjoying themselves, to the point in some faces that it looked like a chore to be there!

Do it, get the fan areas going, get the drums in and relax a little. It really does add to the fan experience and if it isn't for you, go to the North stand. I see that Palace fans have tried this, respect to them! I actually thought that when you got going, it was a great atmosphere - I love the "It's only 5-1, 50,000 empty seats, it's only 5-1" Hilarious! I don't get the "we're not really here" song though...

Anyway, have a good season and we will see you all in Dortmund in December for what, I fear, will be a winner takes all game!

PS - we will take your keeper as Roman's understudy ;o)

Of course you're not. You're just another "I'll be bigger German than Helmut Kohl and everyone will love me" foreigner in Germany :)

Eh, enough for me on this one, just felt a need to post something as you have started with usual Bundesliga "our club is run great, we hate sheikhs" fans crap like someone give shit how's your club run.

Ruhr said:
City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
Ruhr said:
stands are about 15-20 Euro in germany. Seats are between 30-50 Euro. Standing capacities are normally about 5,000 to 15,000, depending on the stadium. It´s often misunderstood about cheap tickets in germany. It´s not everyone getting one

Slightly off topic, but I'm looking for a ticket for Mainz v Dortmund on Nov 24th. Will this game be sold out?

ticket sale started today. It will be sold out. Small ground.

Cheers mate

I'm doing Hanover-Twente (Europa League) on the Thursday and Dusseldord-Hamburg on the Friday. Looking for a Saturday game and I've never been to Mainz. Might do something in which the English are definitely the World Champions. Go without a ticket and still get in.

Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from the obvious one

Dortmunderjung said:
The reaction of the majority of fans is to, generally, moan: the drums should not have been allowed in; the flags were too big; the Dortmund fans were standing, and moreover, in our fan blocks. This is disgusting. The minority take the opposing view; that the Dortmund fans were a passionate and friendly bunch, sung for (more than) 90 minutes and spurred their team on - something we should aspire to do.

I think you may have your majority and minority mixed up. There may be some moaners but most people around me and many on here were impressed by the Dortmund setup. The colour, the banners, the singing/chanting... what do you think has provoked the discussions about our atmosphere? Our atmosphere hasn't been great this season but hearing the Dortmund fans seems to have motivated people even more to improve it.

And yes there are serious fundamental problems such as coordination which isn't helped by our two main singing areas being separated by away fans... something which I find utterly ridiculous but the club persists in saying they can't change it around because of the council and police. The same council we have in the palm of our hands because we are regenerating the entire area around the stadium.

We have a lot of fans who want to sing and all that, but the game is so "middle class" now (people are scared getting up and singing might make them look silly) that it's hard to unite them all into one package. Our away day fans are a preview of what we could and should have at every game. Not Dortmund-loud but loud and active enough to have a very good atmosphere every week at our stadium.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFvsPzENZes[/youtube]

Put us to shame, I was initially irritated with how lame we were, then embarrassed followed by relieved we don't have away support like that every week to contend with.

cleavers said:
"the kop" despite being 1-0 up, are being outsung by 750 Udinese fans on ITV4, unless ITV have only put microphones at one end.

There's no difference what team it is - any good supported European team will outsung any English team in match played in England.

Home fans on English stadiums would be outsung by NBA fans and their "defense-defense" chant :)

To the Dortmund fans I would say take a bit of time to find out what has gone on and what is going on in the future at City.
Its not just about buying players, there is a multi million pound development
going on across the road from the stadium.
This includes 13 pitches, a 7000 seater stadium for our other teams.
We are building a school for our young players which will also be used by the local kids, a leisure and community centre.
We will provide hundreds of jobs and are playing a major part in the regenaration
of what was a run down deprived area of Manchester.
So before you slag our money off have a look at what we are doing with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.