Dortmund Fans

Most around me spent all night watching the Dortmund fans, who I must say were really supportive and fucking loud, unlike us who couldn't raise enough enthusiasm to even try and make an atmosphere.
That was shite, fuck me, even blue moon sends you to sleep. We have some shit songs that don't even start to portray our love and support for our team........
Can somebody come up with a passionate song or two that gets everybody in the mood, I was horse last night trying to get people to open their mouths.

Mike N said:
BVBler said:
Mike N said:
There is indeed a lot to admire about the German game and Dortmund's fans were fantastic last night. I would love to be able to watch city play there but alas, that might have to wait for a few years.

The moral 'high ground' some of them occupy, however is a bit rich. The big clubs with their massive stadiums are always going to be successful so the possibility of any of the 'smaller' clubs breaking through is slim.

The German fans should look up the English phase 'Im all right Jack'.

We have a big stadium (the wall awaits you, and then we want to hear you sing!) But we have no money

Look at that, because you have to but tears come when ye hear in a German stadium. (We are the only one in Germany, the official may sing this song at the stadium :)

Celtic, Tottenham, City .......

and the Reds ...... Liverpool.FC sorry :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp22ziCYqfU&feature=related[/youtube]

Biggest crowds in Germany but no money? Ok.

What do you want to say?

I and everybody where I was sat thought dortmund were excellent and the support likewise...we were lucky to get anything from the game in al honesty.

The city atmosphere was shit but what you need to remember is that most people have traveled straight from work and given the fact we looked absolutely toss, your not going to get much under those circumstances.

-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:26 pm --

wilfredo09 said:
Mike N said:
BVBler said:
We have a big stadium (the wall awaits you, and then we want to hear you sing!) But we have no money

Look at that, because you have to but tears come when ye hear in a German stadium. (We are the only one in Germany, the official may sing this song at the stadium :)

Celtic, Tottenham, City .......

and the Reds ...... Liverpool.FC sorry :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp22ziCYqfU&feature=related[/youtube]

What do you want to say?

That Hummels, Gotze, Reus and Lewandowski cost fuck all, forego getting paid in paper that you can exchange for goods and services and play for the love of the club ?

blue monkey said:
wilfredo09 said:
cleavers said:
Other than the noise they made, what I was impressed with was number who travelled by coach.

I travel long distances each season following City by car, and travelled back down the M6 after the game last night, and there were at least 10 coaches heading back to Dortmund straight after the game. I've no idea if they arrived just for the game or not, but if they did, that is a journey of around 15 hours each way, I doubt we'll have 10+ coaches going the other way, even if they are staying over, I know I'll be going to Dortmund by car, but we're planning 2 nights there. For so many, about 20-30% of their support last night, to do it by coach is impressive.

The other thing I will add is there a few Dortmund fans around us last night, and they behaved impeccably, even standing and applauding our equaliser.

The busses left Dortmund on Tuesday at 8.p.m. or 10.p.m. and arrived at 1p.m. on Wednesday. We lft Machester after the match, I was in dortmund at 2 p.m. on Thursday, my kollege in another coach at 3:30p.m.
Out of interest, how much did your coach journey cost you?

94 € that means 72 GBP.
By the way: My son went by plane from Charleroi ( RyanAir ) for 36 €, means 27 GBP.

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
Ruhr said:
Slightly off topic, but I'm looking for a ticket for Mainz v Dortmund on Nov 24th. Will this game be sold out?

ticket sale started today. It will be sold out. Small ground.

Cheers mate

I'm doing Hanover-Twente (Europa League) on the Thursday and Dusseldord-Hamburg on the Friday. Looking for a Saturday game and I've never been to Mainz. Might do something in which the English are definitely the World Champions. Go without a ticket and still get in.

Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from the obvious one

Hehe, not a Dortmund fan, i am

Hannover on european matches i a good choice. And Düsseldorf fans are really great anyway.

Ruhr said:
Ruhr said:
ticket sale started today. It will be sold out. Small ground.

Cheers mate

I'm doing Hanover-Twente (Europa League) on the Thursday and Dusseldord-Hamburg on the Friday. Looking for a Saturday game and I've never been to Mainz. Might do something in which the English are definitely the World Champions. Go without a ticket and still get in.

Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from the obvious one

Hehe, not a Dortmund fan, i am

Hannover on european matches i a good choice. And Düsseldorf fans are really great anyway.

"And Düsseldorf fans are really great anyway"

Yes, they are!( seen from the Dortmund point of view )

wilfredo09 said:
The busses left Dortmund on Tuesday at 8.p.m. or 10.p.m. and arrived at 1p.m. on Wednesday. We lft Machester after the match, I was in dortmund at 2 p.m. on Thursday, my kollege in another coach at 3:30p.m.
Well, like I said, a lot of respect for doing that journey, I'll be doing it the other way round in December, but we're staying over at least 1 night. Looking forward to it, been in the westfalonstadion once before, a long time ago (1980's), it was impressive then.

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on here (so please be soft on me ;) )
I am a Dortmund supporter, went to the game last night and since this thread is named "Dortmund fans" felt entitled to create an account. First of all I'd like to say thanks for being good hosts in the city as well as the stadium. And of course thanks to everyone who praised our support.

What made me register were mainly the posts from BVBler. Please don't see him as representative of BVB-fans or German fans in general... Quite a lot of us are against Bayern in international games, probably the majority supported Chelsea in the CL-final and I haven't come across one that hasn't had a laugh about at least one of their failures.
In addition, BVBler, it might be just me, but to criticise the way a club or league is financed, make superior comments about it and then only use Google translator just seems so wrong...

And since I went to last year's game in the Emirates, too, I can assure you that you were still a lot better than them. :-)

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
I and everybody where I was sat thought dortmund were excellent and the support likewise...we were lucky to get anything from the game in al honesty.

The city atmosphere was shit but what you need to remember is that most people have traveled straight from work and given the fact we looked absolutely toss, your not going to get much under those circumstances.

-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:26 pm --

wilfredo09 said:
Mike N said:

What do you want to say?

That Hummels, Gotze, Reus and Lewandowski cost fuck all, forego getting paid in paper that you can exchange for goods and services and play for the love of the club ?

It's exaggerated!
But I think nearly all BVB-players have a special relationship to the club and the fans.
For example: Götze, Reus, Schmelzer and Großkreutz come from the own youth teams. Weidenfeller and Kehl play longer than 10 years for Dortmund.
The team is a team.
For example: When our second team plays ( 3rd.league ) you can often see 6-8 players from the first team watch the match; even the team-manager Michael Zorc ( former midfielder, cl-winner 1997 ) and the trainer Jürgen Klopp are visitors.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:56 pm --<br /><br />
Black-and-Yellow said:
Hi everyone!

This is my first post on here (so please be soft on me ;) )
I am a Dortmund supporter, went to the game last night and since this thread is named "Dortmund fans" felt entitled to create an account. First of all I'd like to say thanks for being good hosts in the city as well as the stadium. And of course thanks to everyone who praised our support.

What made me register were mainly the posts from BVBler. Please don't see him as representative of BVB-fans or German fans in general... Quite a lot of us are against Bayern in international games, probably the majority supported Chelsea in the CL-final and I haven't come across one that hasn't had a laugh about at least one of their failures.
In addition, BVBler, it might be just me, but to criticise the way a club or league is financed, make superior comments about it and then only use Google translator just seems so wrong...

And since I went to last year's game in the Emirates, too, I can assure you that you were still a lot better than them. :-)

Totally agree,
schwatzgelbe Grüße.

I've been reading this thread with interest. It could be on a forum dedicated to any other major club in England and the content would be absolutely identical.

The irony is that in the 70s and 80s the atmosphere at English grounds was the envy of all Europe. Europeans would even use expressions like ''English atmosphere'' to describe a passionately supported match.

The difference between German and English football is simple. Bundesliga football is designed to appeal to Germans. The Premier League is designed to appeal to Asians, Americans and other football 'consumers'. Foreign owners don't help. It doesn't matter whether they are of the parasitic variety like the ones at Arsenal and United, or if they are the benevolent type like Abramovich and the Sheikh.

They want a global entertainment product. Thats what we've ended up with, and the atmosphere at our stadia is more similar to theme parks than traditional football grounds.

Whether thats good or bad depends on personal preferences. I loved the terraces, but numbers would suggest the majority prefer how it is now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.