Dortmund Fans

Citizen52 said:
I'd give Madrid a miss if I were you ;)
I was just going to write I am not looking forward going to Spain. Especially with the recent experience City fans had there and the stories in the news about the demonstrations. Their "cops" are so out of control, it's unbelievable.

Blue Mooner said:
1909 said:
Think we cant be loud @ home? Come to visit us, we are loud, everywhere!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW1ZVIBDC0w&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e8_1LUcZxo[/youtube]

Surprise surprise you won the game 5 - 1 !

yes right, but it is before the match.

Just come to visit us and have a great football party.

love germany, german fans and the game over there( apart from a knob v hamburg, kev keegan friendly who ironically blamed 4 lads from salford for the war ! and got a left hook off one for his trouble!) and can t wait to go to dortmund in december ! always found the police over there decent as well. i think all the choreography of songs is a bit gay but hey ho, each to their own.

really enjoyed meeting the dortmund fans this week, they were all a credit to their team and country.

was talking to my match going pal 2 years ago and he was going to arrange to go over and watch a dortmund home game. this now is even better going to watch city play in this majestic stadium.

well done dortmund fans, really enjoyed our game

Most Germans are really friendly and we're not that different to be honest. Just been there for a few weeks and not far from Dortmund either in Senne near Paderborn and the quaint Schlossneuhaus. The game in Dortmund should be a great atmosphere.

JesusNotAnotherGerman said:
Another thing I almost forgot.

Your police is amazing! Never in my life have I seen such nice and friendly police officers. As already said, some of them even gave us some drinks and snacks. On the way to the stadium, we were able to have a normal, fun chit-chat with the bobbies. The police in Germany would just tell you to keep moving, look at you like you're a piece of shit and beat your ass with a stick if you fall out of line (slight exaggeration). I want them in Germany!!

Those were Rags

Black-and-Yellow said:
Citizen52 said:
I'd give Madrid a miss if I were you ;)
I was just going to write I am not looking forward going to Spain. Especially with the recent experience City fans had there and the stories in the news about the demonstrations. Their "cops" are so out of control, it's unbelievable.
I went to Madrid and managed to avoid the police for the whole day (had heard stories before I went about their brutality so steered well clear!) If you manage to do that and keep out of their way, you'll have a good time. Plaza Mayor is very expensive though!

M19Blu said:
Originals said:
We should do what they had to do and march the streets to get to the ground.

Utd away meet up somewhere in town every blue thats going or most of them anyway and march up to the ground.

Any other 'older' fans rememeber meeting up near the Star pub off Chester Rd and marching on to the swamp? Them were the days.

The Dortmund fans were overrated - Napoli showed more passion and Poznan were louder. It's alright having someone with a mullet and a loudspeaker telling you which of your 6 songs you should sing but they'd be fucked if they ever had an 'Alan', 'Grandma' or even a 'Berti' situation. Obviously I'm biased but no other club does spontiniety or humour like us.

Indeed, then after the game meeting at The Northumberland as thousands of reds came up Chester Rd.

Mayhem.

Well said mate.

We're staying at Hotel Tryp, near the University for the return game. I'm trying to do every Bundesliga ground this season so I might need a few Dortmund connections for tickets.
One thing occurred to me on Wednesday. A lot of German teams have a freindship with another club, often from the same division. It's completely alien to the English, but Shalke sell FC Nurnburg souvenirs in their own Club Shop and visa versa.
Do Dortmund have a second club?

To be fair the friendship between Schalke and Nürnberg is pretty special as it is one of the oldest (if not the oldest correct me if I am wrong Ruhr) in Germany and its carried by the whole fanscene basically.

Other than that most Ultras/hooligans got connections to other Ultras/hools in Germany, however there are mostly carried by those specific groups and not the fanscene as such. Those connections are usually across leagues or even across Europe.
For example Ultras Nürnberg got a pretty strong relation to Ultras Rapid Wien and Ultras Gelsenkirchen and whenever Nürnberg is playing at home they usually have visitors from Wien/Schalke over as well (if their teams don´t play at the same time/day of course).
Frankfurt got connections to Bergamo in Italy, Leipzig in Germany etc.

However as mentioned above Schalke/Nürnber is a special one.

Other than that you can often see the dreaded half/half scarves where clubs try to make a profit by coming up with "artificial" friendships out of the blue. Ironically I remember Dortmund beeing pretty good at it...;)

@City 1 Chelsea 1 1971: When you plan to come to Frankfurt for our ground drop me a PM and I will help you out with tickets and advise.

Halfpenny said:
I went to Madrid and managed to avoid the police for the whole day (had heard stories before I went about their brutality so steered well clear!) If you manage to do that and keep out of their way, you'll have a good time. Plaza Mayor is very expensive though!
Thanks for that! Will definitely try to stay away from them, already had one shit experience there in Seville couple of years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.