Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

BT were doing my head in with their obsession with Bellingham. I am just logging in now but I have no dea what the verdict was on Bellingham/Ederson but I thought Bellingham led with his foot-raised studs up and so the ref called it right.

Overall I thought we played a good game but not a great result. Relieved to get a 2-1 out of the game after their late goal. At 1-0 I could only see us going on to get the 2nd that would have sealed the tie but they will be very hopeful.

We are clearly the better side though.

Next time start Sterling and Jesus as we will need to score goals.

BT were doing my head in with their obsession with Bellingham. I am just logging in now but I have no dea what the verdict was on Bellingham/Ederson but I thought Bellingham led with his foot-raised studs up and so the ref called it right.

Overall I thought we played a good game but not a great result. Relieved to get a 2-1 out of the game after their late goal. At 1-0 I could only see us going on to get the 2nd that would have sealed the tie but they will be very hopeful.

We are clearly the better side though.

Next time start Sterling and Jesus as we will need to score goals.
There was fuck all wrong with Bellingham's challenge.

However, as Pep alluded to, I've lost count of how many times we've been shafted in this competition so fuck 'em.

I watched it on my phone with some commentary from Spain I think
Every time Haaland got the ball the Commentator went into overload rambling away like he was on acid
Tyler's influence is spreading across Europe or has reached there.

FFS (not you Mahrez), we won 2-1 against a quality team, probably one of the toughest we will face in the CL, despite not firing on all cylinders and then get to play them away in a ground with no fans......yet.......

....on here's it's like the matchday thread, so much doom and gloom, it's fucking depressing.

We're 2-1 up in the QF of the Champions League, not 4-0 down and next week we'll hopefully reach the Semi's. In Pep we trust.

I’ll be surprised if Rodri starts the second leg. He is a fine player against most opposition but Dortmund are precisely the worst team for him to face, a hard pressing side with more than a bit of passing and ball retention quality that brutally exposes his lack of pace/mobility. Sadly he was left chasing shadows all night as they passed and ran around him and he offered little defensive protection in front of Dias and Stones. Ferna is a must for next Wednesday imo, even if only for the first hour or so. I’d be much happier seeing Rodders in the line up against the likes of PSG or Madrid
You've made it sound like Dortmund ran rings around us in midfield whereas in the 2nd half in particular they rarely got out and continually lost the ball to our press.

I hope you’re right.
Just my opinion anyway. Of course, if UEFA have a word with the officials before the next game, to even the score early because of the ref mistake in this game. Then that could change the whole complexion of the tie.

UEFA after the game: "City befitting from our officials' mistakes? This cannot stand. Everyone to the emergency meeting room, immediately. Code blue!"

Look at Walker on their goal. Fucking does my nut in
Reminds me a bit of the first goal in last years quarter final. Played his man onside and left Garcia one on one with the attacker. Garcia did a fine tackle but the other attacker got the loose ball and put it in the back of the net.
Leicester match Walker gives away a needless penalty.
He is fast and strong but Walker just seems to turn off sometimes and often at crucial times

First time we've actually won the 1st leg of a UCL QF with Pep in charge so it's a positive step despite not being a great performance. Not sure why Pep didn't make more use of the bench tonight. It was calling out for either Sterling or Torres to come on after the hour mark. Their pace and directness would have terrified that Dortmund back line.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.