Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

In your opinion. Not sharing your opinion doesn't make anyone a happy clapper. I know what an average performance by Kevin is. Tonight wasn't one of 'em. What I saw tonight was solidity with a killer pass to Ilkay for Foden's goal at a tense point in the game, and his own goal. Not average. We'll have to disagree on this one.
45% of the forum have KDB as MotM. Think someone maybe on the wind up!

Not a vintage display but a priceless result. Dortmund caused us as many problems as any team all season and we took a while to work them out. Bringing Jesus on was a master stroke, pulling their defence this way and that just as they were tiring. Hope we can get an early goal next week and take the heat out of the tie so we can save our legs for the Chelsea semi

Just rewatched a highlights video of the incident and he goes down in obvious pain with his hands nowhere near his head (which you would do if you were trying to con the ref). Only after he's on the ground does he cover his face with his hands (like you might well do if you were in pain). The highlights don't show what he did after that (and I'll hold my hands up if he made some motion suggesting he'd been hit in the head), but I don't remember him complaining and pointing to his head.
Correct.

I watched a Portuguese stream and it made more sense than BT.
Damn, I was hoping nobody quoted that autocorrect mistake at the start of that post. :)

I switched to CBS with Andy Townsend and Crimson Clive I think it was, better but they still had their moments of rooting for Dortmund.

Last edited:
Damn, I was hoping nobody quoted that autocorrect mistake at the start of that post. :)

I switched to CBS with Andy Townsend and Crimson Clive I think it was, better but they still had their moments of rooting for the Dortmund.
Brian Kerr on Virgin Media 2 was excellent, unbiased comments from a coach's viewpoint and witty.

Being the unknown quantity in the first game suited Dortmund but City can play far better than they did tonight and they still came away with a deserved victory. I expect City to be more in control for the second leg, now that they have the measure of Dortmund from tonight's game. City have more gears to find than Dortmund do, upfront(Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling perhaps) but especially in midfield.
I hope you’re right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.