Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

That would be a risky strategy. Firstly, few teams have managed to keep us out even when parking the bus. Secondly, if they open up around (say) minute 70, they will leave space for us to exploit. Saying they only need 1 goal is contingent upon their stopping us scoring for the full game - which very few teams have managed. The likelihood is both teams score in which case they have to win by 2 clear goals to beat us (or 2-1 to go to pens)

That Foden goal had the feel of a last minute winner even though it was only the 1st leg. They have to beat us now and we have only lost 1 game in the last 5 months. I give us a 70% chance of going through from here
60/40, but if we show up this time for a QF second leg it’s 80/20!

60/40, but if we show up this time for a QF second leg it’s 80/20!

Interestingly, 538 has it as 83/17. I'd echo 60/40 myself, purely because of the slight advantage. At the end of the day, it is one game and anything can happen, we just have to go out to win it. Can't see playing for a draw happening.

So, having seen the games played in this round of first-leg ties, how do you feel about our chances?
I went for City Chelsea final when the draw was made, and i'm sticking with that. I saw nothing between Bayern and PSG that made me think we wouldn't progress against either of those teams, providing we go through of course.
I would feel confident of beating either Chelsea or Real in the final, and I think Chelsea are capable of beating Real in their semi, should they both get through next week.

City v Chelsea.

So, having seen the games played in this round of first-leg ties, how do you feel about our chances?
I went for City Chelsea final when the draw was made, and i'm sticking with that. I saw nothing between Bayern and PSG that made me think we wouldn't progress against either of those teams, providing we go through of course.
I would feel confident of beating either Chelsea or Real in the final, and I think Chelsea are capable of beating Real in their semi, should they both get through next week.

City v Chelsea.
That’s bullish. Hope it turns out that way. But the caution city showed against Dortmund, the 2nd leg still feels a big task. Specially due to the away goal they scored.

That’s bullish. Hope it turns out that way. But the caution city showed against Dortmund, the 2nd leg still feels a big task. Specially due to the away goal they scored.

Can’t see us failing to score there, their defence isn’t very robust so their one away goal shouldn’t be much to worry about. They always score, so something like 2-2 should do us fine

I believe Pep mentioned about Cancelo and Rodi not moving into the correct spaces, so the issue you mention about the balls forward maybe more of an execution problem rather than a tactical one. So, the question for our coach will be does he risk them learning from their mistakes and not repeating them in what will be a crucial second leg or does he change things a little?

I think he's got to trust them to improve in the second leg. First game for many, back in blue, after the international break.

Some play different positions or a different style and will have to re-learn their role for City after such a break. Leeds this weekend gives another opportunity to find some more form and hopefully we then kick on and improve as the month continues.

I think he's got to trust them to improve in the second leg. First game for many, back in blue, after the international break.

Some play different positions or a different style and will have to re-learn their role for City after such a break. Leeds this weekend gives another opportunity to find some more form and hopefully we then kick on and improve as the month continues.
I agree, although Pep cannot resist the temptation to overthink crucial CL ties so I fear we could be looking at another Monoco.

City v Chelsea.
PSG v Chavs

I wonder if the qatari board influence will guarantee PSG the trophy as their league form looks like they might have to qualify for it next season.

Poch seems to have friends in there as well.

PSG v Chavs

I wonder if the qatari board influence will guarantee PSG the trophy as their league form looks like they might have to qualify for it next season.

Poch seems to have friends in there as well.
It didn't last season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.