dortmund whos going?

cleavers said:
foley87 said:
can someone clarofy the situation about the trains from dusseldorf

is the fare included in the match ticket? if so what are the t&c's

do we have to get the train back before a certain time etc...

any help much appreciated
My German mate, who will be at the game, says its all the regional trains in the Ruhr area, which includes Dusseldorf and as far as Weeze, the Ryanair airport not very close to Dusseldorf.

I'd check the train times anyway, we're only staying a few stops outside the centre of Dortmund and the last train was 22:30, we can sort a taxi as far as we need, but its worth checking it out.

Anyone else tried to buy train tickets online through Bahn?

When I tried to book tickets I reached the screen where the prices were supposed to show. I then received a message thanking me for my order and informing me that I would receive an e-mail informing me of the prices.

Several hours later and no e-mail received I rang the helpline and I was told that it could take 2-3 days to receive the e-mail and that I would then have to ring them back to confirm the booking, assuming there were still seats available.

As I was about to put the phone down the bloke on the phone said "but I can sell you tickets if you wish" So I bought my tickets over the phone. And I was able to buy tickets for a more convenient train that was showing on the website as full.

nearly 24 hours later, I've just received the e-mail and it quotes a price for 2 return tickets that is over 200 euros more than I paid over the phone

All's well that ends well, but what happened to German efficiency ?

Ruhr said:
cibaman said:

it´s a myth, kept alive by the Brits, thank you very much for that :-)
Hi mate, I know you are schalke fan, have you always had links to city or was it after we played you in the uefa cup? The schalke fans treated us very well that evening and I will always have a soft spot.

fy6blue said:
Anyone know diference between 61a & 61b apart from £2 ?

Normally there is only a 61 away block. Maybe the a is lower and the b higher, but it is still the same block...great view mate!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bvb.de/?%98Y%1B%E4%F4%9D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bvb.de/?%98Y%1B%E4%F4%9D</a>

Be preaperd to stand too ;-)..

-- Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:40 pm --

Danny Hoekman said:
Yep, went there 2 years ago too. It was very relaxed then but am expecting it to be a lot different this time round.

Why should it?<br /><br />-- Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 pm --<br /><br />
cleavers said:
foley87 said:

My German mate, who will be at the game, says its all the regional trains in the Ruhr area, which includes Dusseldorf and as far as Weeze, the Ryanair airport not very close to Dusseldorf.

I'd check the train times anyway, we're only staying a few stops outside the centre of Dortmund and the last train was 22:30, we can sort a taxi as far as we need, but its worth checking it out.

Hi, where do you have to go after the game? the trains are normaly running longer then 22:30. I can check it for you if you want.

Black_Yellow_1909 said:
fy6blue said:
Anyone know diference between 61a & 61b apart from £2 ?

Normally there is only a 61 away block. Maybe the a is lower and the b higher, but it is still the same block...great view mate!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bvb.de/?%98Y%1B%E4%F4%9D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bvb.de/?%98Y%1B%E4%F4%9D</a>

Be preaperd to stand too ;-)..

-- Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:40 pm --

Danny Hoekman said:
Yep, went there 2 years ago too. It was very relaxed then but am expecting it to be a lot different this time round.

Why should it?

-- Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 pm --

cleavers said:
foley87 said:

Hi, where do you have to go after the game? the trains are normaly running longer then 22:30. I can check it for you if you want.

Weve planned to stay in Duss . Unless there`s no trains back after the game Black_Yellow .
Any help reguarding the train times after the game would be greatly appreciated m8 .

davymcfc said:
Ruhr said:
cibaman said:

it´s a myth, kept alive by the Brits, thank you very much for that :-)
Hi mate, I know you are schalke fan, have you always had links to city or was it after we played you in the uefa cup? The schalke fans treated us very well that evening and I will always have a soft spot.

I always had a strong dislike for United, the english Bayern. Then visited Manchester some years ago on the way to the Lake District. Went into a tourist shop and bought a Man City winter cap. The girl, who was travelling with me, didn´t know anything about football and said: Look there are some red scarves and caps, too. And i replied: good god, it´s not about fashion, it´s about wrong or right in life. And then i told her a little bit about the two Manchester clubs. Think, she didn´t understand a word. Well, she later had an affair with a Wolfsburg fan, says it all.
(The cap is still doing a good job in the cold northern german winter months, by the way)
And funny enough, just a short time after we ended up in the same Uefa cup group.

[/quote]
Unless there`s no trains back after the game Black_Yellow .
Any help reguarding the train times after the game would be greatly appreciated m8 .[/quote]

Hi Mate,
trains are running all night long and then in the morning again.

As an example:
Dortmund Hbf
Di, 04.12.12
ab
22:45
0:52
RE
Düsseldorf Hbf
Di, 04.12.12
an
23:37

Dortmund Hbf
Di, 04.12.12
ab
23:12
0:53
ICE
Düsseldorf Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
an
00:05

Dortmund Hbf
Di, 04.12.12
ab
23:53
1:30
S
Düsseldorf Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
an
01:23

Dortmund Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
ab
01:52
0:53
IC
Düsseldorf Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
an
02:45

Dortmund Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
ab
02:45
1:10
RE
Düsseldorf Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
an
03:55

Dortmund Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
ab
03:03
1:09
ERB
Düsseldorf Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
an
04:12

Dortmund Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
ab
03:45
0:52
RE
Düsseldorf Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
an
04:37

===
The one at 22:45 is probaly not to catch...because the game is over at 22:30#

I would take this one:
Dortmund Hbf
Di, 04.12.12
ab
23:53
1:30
S
Düsseldorf Hbf
Mi, 05.12.12
an
01:23

You also have to keep in mind that aorund 3 hours after the game you can travel on your match ticket but not on the fast ICE trains!

Taxi to Düsseldorf will cost you around 120-150 Euros...so depends on how many people you are...

Hope that helps!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.