dortmund whos going?

eshiers1 said:
cibaman said:
Looks like we'll need to take the thermals. Minus 8 forecast by the BBC for the night before the game.

makes a change from last year in munich!

oh well!!

Yes, could be somehow the difference between a match during the Octoberfest or during Christmas markets. But there is Glühwein... (or similar warm alcoholic beverages)

cibaman said:
Looks like we'll need to take the thermals. Minus 8 forecast by the BBC for the night before the game.

I was looking at a forecast last night that reckons it is going to snow on the Monday night. I'm so glad I decided to drive there.

Lancet Fluke said:
cibaman said:

I was looking at a forecast last night that reckons it is going to snow on the Monday night. I'm so glad I decided to drive there.

http://www.wetter.de/deutschland/wetter-dortmund-18220926/wetterprognose.html

For Tuesday weather should not be too bad...also maybe some rain, 50% forecast...

During the day between -1 and +3 Celcius...
Evening around 6PM between -2 and +2 Celcius...

For the German lads -

Re the free train travel on match days from Dusseldorf to Dortmund.
There are trains marked RE, IC and ICE on the bahn.de site

Which ones are we OK to get with our match tickets? Am sure the RE ones are OK, I also assume we can't get the ICE, but not sure about the ones marked IC

fallowfield said:
For the German lads -

Re the free train travel on match days from Dusseldorf to Dortmund.
There are trains marked RE, IC and ICE on the bahn.de site

Which ones are we OK to get with our match tickets? Am sure the RE ones are OK, I also assume we can't get the ICE, but not sure about the ones marked IC

You can go RE, RB and S

You cannot IC, ICE

Before the first ICE came on the market (we are now on generation 3 of them) the fastest trains in Germany were the ICs. But they still run.

RE means Regional Express
RB means Regionalbahn (bahn=train)

IC means Intercity
ICE means Intercity Express

I do not know if any IRE runs in that area - but usually that train category today is a faster regional train and you should be able to use that, too.

Lancet Fluke said:
cibaman said:

Are you going by ferry by any chance?

lucky boys.
They found a british aerial bomb near the city centre of Dortmund today. Some main streets in the centre had been evacuated. That would have been some chaos on tuesday

Me and my daughter going Tuesday morning from Stanstead,(any others on the Stanstead flight?) crap flights but with xmas coming up, needed to keep the cost down, free train to Dortmund but as the free travel runs out at midnight it pay time to get back, meaningless game but its a new ground to say "I was there" lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.