Dortmund

cleavers said:
Corky said:
It is the most viable to attend as there is plenty of notice and there is good beer which isn't to expensive.

Also lots of airports in the region.
Its also driveable for the more adventurous.

I drove there for the pre-season game. Never again! Will definitely be flying in this time.

WhitbyBlue said:
At first I wanted to go to all the away fixtures but I have just realised that it is impossible. So my options are do drop one of them and I was thinking about not going Dortmund.

Definetley going Madrid and would love Ajax because I want to visit Amsterdam for a number of different reasons but a lot of people are telling me that the Westfalen is class. Don't know what to do now...

As I've said I can't recommend it too highly, I go to BVB - Bayern most years (my ticket for the game in May is already ordered). Bayern take far more than our allocation as the northern supporters clubs always manage to get hold of tickets from BVB and the atmosphere is amazing, non-stop deafening noise for 90 minutes and the wall of yellow at one end and sea of red at the other is an awesome sight.
It is also a bloody sight safer than Ajax away. Like the Bayern fans last year the BVB lads will want to drink with you not fight with you. When Bayern play there I always go on the beer with their lads before the game.

I'm very sorry but I didn't know how to start threads..I am a Schalke fan currently living in Manchester and I would very much like to go to the Dortmund home game as they are our biggest rivals...but I would like to know when the tickets are on sale, if they have sold out already, how much they will be and where I can get them...replies much appreciated

bayern blade said:
If I was a City fan and only going to one away game I'd go to the BVB game. 80,000 in the Westfalen stadion is an atmosphere you will never forget, I speak from experience !

66.000 for CL.
12.500 instead of 25.000 on the south. Only half as impressive and fascinating as Bundesliga matches.

RoyalBlues said:
I'm very sorry but I didn't know how to start threads..I am a Schalke fan currently living in Manchester and I would very much like to go to the Dortmund home game as they are our biggest rivals...but I would like to know when the tickets are on sale, if they have sold out already, how much they will be and where I can get them...replies much appreciated

just wait till Schalke meets City in the semis, no need to go to Lüdenscheid

RoyalBlues said:
i have sent you a PM, private message

Ruhr said:
RoyalBlues said:

just wait till Schalke meets City in the semis, no need to go to Lüdenscheid

Wrong. That is trouble. Tears and laughter in one match - you might be able to be glad with every result, or cry about it.

But imagine the enjoyment to beat Lüdenscheid at home when you are both Manchester City and Schalke fan. That just doubles and triples the extasy...

It is so much fun to read the Schalke forums when Dortmund looses or at Thursday, when the draw was held... ;)

I stayed at Hotel Tryp for the friendly a couple of years ago. A brilliant atmosphere, but the best drinking places were next to the ground. I presume they can sell alcohol for Champions League games.
As for the City Centre most blues drank in Limericks Bar opposite the Railway Station. Friendly bar staff, but there wasn't anywhere else to go.

I saw Real Madrid beat Dortmund 2-1 a few years ago in the Bernebau. Loads of Dortmund fans and they were even given an extra section in the ground because there were too many for the away end.
Be prepared for the dreaded "YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE" when the teams come on the pitch
Incidentally, you can still get flights to Hamburg for £70 and catch the train on the day of the game.

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
I stayed at Hotel Tryp for the friendly a couple of years ago. A brilliant atmosphere, but the best drinking places were next to the ground. I presume they can sell alcohol for Champions League games.
As for the City Centre most blues drank in Limericks Bar opposite the Railway Station. Friendly bar staff, but there wasn't anywhere else to go.

I think, the Kreuzviertel (cross quarter) south of the city centre is their pub district
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4frObC94Vrc[/youtube]

But in december there is anyway the christmas market in the city centre

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.