Douglas Luiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a legit wc prospect.
The new generation of midfielders in Brazil class 1998/2000 are all DM/8 or DM-playmakers.
They're not supposed to score many goals, but the best prospects are very strong in defense, great dribbling and pass.
The best imo are:
1 - Wendel(19) Fluminense
2 - Arthur(20)Gremio(shocked that Pep is not going for him)
3 - Douglas
4 - Matheus Fernandes(19)Botafogo - apparently going to Barcelona.
5 -Matheus Jesus(19)Sao Paulo - in fact is the best but he's barely playing due to bad behaviour.
6 - Thiago Maia(20)Santos

All the media and fans think that Douglas, Wendel(Fluminense) and Arthur(Gremio), all U-20, will be the NT midfield after 2018.
Yesterday Tite(Brazil nt coach) said in some event in Porto Alegre that he was following the development of those three players, so Douglas probably would be tested in the next months(not anymore of course).

I think this move is very bad for him.
Was better to let him playing in loan at Vasco like City did with Gabriel.
I never saw this loan-system working for any Brazilian player.
He's not a player that should go to some small spaniard side.
You know La Liga will test him quite a bit more than Serie A, yes?

He's a legit wc prospect.
The new generation of midfielders in Brazil class 1998/2000 are all DM/8 or DM-playmakers.
They're not supposed to score many goals, but the best prospects are very strong in defense, great dribbling and pass.
The best imo are:
1 - Wendel(19) Fluminense
2 - Arthur(20)Gremio(shocked that Pep is not going for him)
3 - Douglas
4 - Matheus Fernandes(19)Botafogo - apparently going to Barcelona.
5 -Matheus Jesus(19)Sao Paulo - in fact is the best but he's barely playing due to bad behaviour.
6 - Thiago Maia(20)Santos

All the media and fans think that Douglas, Wendel(Fluminense) and Arthur(Gremio), all U-20, will be the NT midfield after 2018.
Yesterday Tite(Brazil nt coach) said in some event in Porto Alegre that he was following the development of those three players, so Douglas probably would be tested in the next months(not anymore of course).

I think this move is very bad for him.
Was better to let him playing in loan at Vasco like City did with Gabriel.
I never saw this loan-system working for any Brazilian player.
He's not a player that should go to some small spaniard side.

I think Douglas is the best prospect actually. He was the one called up for the U20 south american championship.

Arthur looked terrible against Godoy Cruz, he needs to pass the ball faster, he got picked in posession too often. Wendell hasn't faced tough competition yet to see where he's at. He has a mean long shot on him though.

All these players need to go to Europe though to see their real level. There is too much space in Brazilian league at the moment. You never know..

The midfielders that work out in Europe are usually the athletic ones like Alan, and not skillfull ones like Gerson (Roma).

To be honest I have never seen a good game of Gerson here in Brazil. He probably was going well at the State League then got the hype. It happens often, especially with the players from Rio de Janeiro's clubs. But that is true, the "dribblers" hardly live the hype in Europe.

Girona are going to have one hell of a decent & young team... great for them initially but let's say all our prospects truly flurish, what then? Are Girona just going to hand them all back at once & be expected to build a new team again? Will City buy another young crop & send them over?

Girona are going to have one hell of a decent & young team... great for them initially but let's say all our prospects truly flurish, what then? Are Girona just going to hand them all back at once & be expected to build a new team again? Will City buy another young crop & send them over?
Everyone we take back you'd think would be replaced by another prospect. No?

I think this is the way we'll do business from now on. Excellent way to make long term profit for the club....just like Unal. Understand why we do it but difficult to get excited about a signing that will very likely not see a City shirt...

So is Douglas Luiz gonna be a first team guy or buy low and sell high player ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.