Douglas Luiz

to me this is either a replacement for Ferna or we buy back cheap to sell on and make a profit.

4 in 2020. (Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela, Uruguay - all games since October) But you're right. However, if he keeps his place, a work permit shouldn't be a problem.
Yeah, Wiki only goes up to 13th of October last year and I missed that bit.

Similar to Angelino transfer possibly?
Yep, makes sense from a business perspective

Im not sure he’s good enough to take Fernandinho’s spot in the squad but if we are looking for a like for like I don’t think anyone in world football could do that

Im hoping we don’t sign a box to box player as I’d like Doyle to be given a chance to play a squad role over the next couple of seasons so it may make sense to bring in Luiz for a couple of years to see how he develops, sharing his game time with Rodri

We will be buying him back for £27.5m as he’s worth at least £40m in the current market. Even if we buy back and the ask for another £12m off Villa to keep him

This.

I do think he's good enough for us though and would be a solid option to replace Fernandinho.

He'll only get better under Pep and has good mobility, which Rodri obviously lacks.

This.

I do think he's good enough for us though and would be a solid option to replace Fernandinho.

He'll only get better under Pep and has good mobility, which Rodri obviously lacks.
Pep really wanted him to stay two years ago so I could definitely see him giving him the time of day and bringing him back. One of those ones where it’s probably good either way. Also in covid times if we’re trying to sign some bigger names a relatively less expensive transfer like this seems a no brainer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.