Douglas Luiz

If we come up with the fee, does he have to come back to us?
The buy back clause only let us skip the negotiation with the club. If Luiz doesn’t wanna come, we’re not gonna force him. I don’t think we would put in a buy back clause without having some sort of confirmation from the player that he would be open to returning at some point, though

The only reason, in my opinion, that his name is on the table is because the purchase option. He's a good player but I do not see anything special in him to wear City's jersey. We need someone at the level of Dino or at least an upgrade to Rodri and Douglas Luiz is neither

The buy back clause only let us skip the negotiation with the club. If Luiz doesn’t wanna come, we’re not gonna force him. I don’t think we would put in a buy back clause without having some sort of confirmation from the player that he would be open to returning at some point, though
Of course we would. If any club wants to pay £50 mill for him, we’ll buy him back for £27mill & sell him ourselves. Much like the Spanish clubs have done in the past
Or like we’ve already done with Angelino

Of course we would. If any club wants to pay £50 mill for him, we’ll buy him back for £27mill & sell him ourselves. Much like the Spanish clubs have done in the past
Or like we’ve already done with Angelino
Yes, if he goes to any other club we would buy him first and sell him on, but we’re not gonna sign him and force him to stay if he doesn’t wanna be here

Yes, if he goes to any other club we would buy him first and sell him on, but we’re not gonna sign him and force him to stay if he doesn’t wanna be here
Don’t disagree with that, but definitely don’t agree with your assertion that we would only insert a buy back if the player was 100% interested in returning.

However, to caveat that, unless moving to an elite club, why wouldn’t a player be interested in coming back to challenge for trophies?

Thought he did ok, he'd doubtless improve under Pep.

We do need to take into account he'll not be playing against sides as good as City every game if he comes back.

Don’t disagree with that, but definitely don’t agree with your assertion that we would only insert a buy back if the player was 100% interested in returning.
When we inserted a sell on clause instead of a buy back for Sancho I would have thought that he either doesn’t wanna come back or we wouldn’t want him back due to attitude reasons etc. A buy back to me sounds more like some sort of agreement about potentially coming back. I was thinking out loud about the returning bit. Don’t read too much into it. The point I tried to made was that we didn’t have to negotiate with Villa
However, to caveat that, unless moving to an elite club, why wouldn’t a player be interested in coming back to challenge for trophies?
Rodri is great and I think he would be the first choice for most of the «big games», whereas Luiz would be more of a backup

When we inserted a sell on clause instead of a buy back for Sancho I would have thought that he either doesn’t wanna come back or we wouldn’t want him back due to attitude reasons etc. A buy back to me sounds more like some sort of agreement about potentially coming back. I was thinking out loud about the returning bit. Don’t read too much into it. The point I tried to made was that we didn’t have to negotiate with Villa

Rodri is great and I think he would be the first choice for most of the «big games», whereas Luiz would be more of a backup
I agree. We need someone to give Rodri competition though and from what I have seen, Luiz could do that. Fern will be away, maybe at the end of this season. Do we rely on Doyle as the backup or Gundo? Or do we buy Luiz (or similar) maybe for a season or two until we know Tommy Doyle is the real deal.

Fair comments mate. Possibly correct. Personally I’d have thought it would depend on the buying club & what we agree with them, but what you’re saying also makes perfect sense to me fella :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.