Douglas Luiz

I agree. We need someone to give Rodri competition though and from what I have seen, Luiz could do that. Fern will be away, maybe at the end of this season. Do we rely on Doyle as the backup or Gundo? Or do we buy Luiz (or similar) maybe for a season or two until we know Tommy Doyle is the real deal.
Doyle is capable of playing as a 6, but he’s better as an 8 IMO. More of a box to box midfielder that would compliment Rodri very well with his aggression, passion and energy. His set piece delivery is absolutely brilliant

Unlike him a lot, and he is tough. Ragdolled Gundo at one point, but from what I've seen bon highlights of Bisoumma, there is more natural talent to work with there than with Luiz.

He'd have to be significantly better player tactically than Bisoumma to be a better option.. And I doubt thats the case

Not sure if he's up to our standard, but he would be around much better players in our side. Wouldn't be mad if it came off, we're not going to find a PL proven player for that price anywhere else.

Him, Haaland, and an LB would be an excellent window.

Just heard the buy out clause ends in the Summer.

Apparently it's £25mill.

Villa paid £15mill for him.

With Fern looking like he's going at the end of the season, £25mill for Luiz is a steal, for what would be a difference of £10mill extra.

Just heard the buy out clause ends in the Summer.

Apparently it's £25mill.

Villa paid £15mill for him.

With Fern looking like he's going at the end of the season, £25mill for Luiz is a steal, for what would be a difference of £10mill extra.
It would be a steal,but i'm not convinced its the right one for us.

Don’t know what other people think, but I didn’t really see anything from him last night to make me think we should sign him back.

Thought the game passed him by, and we need a better player than him given our reliance on Rodri, but I suppose he’s still relatively young.

And I would think that the events of the past few days will rule out buying him for 25m and immediately selling him on for a profit.

If we did not have an option / history with him I don't think there would be any talk of signing him. He's decent and could do a job for us but so could others.

I would rather promote Doyle who looks to have the passing ability, tenacity and energy to complement our midfield well.
Maybe thats the reason why we are linked to Grealish? Doyle as back-up for rodri and Gundogan and ready to replace Gundogan in two years. Grealish will be the Silva replacement and Foden stays as a wide player for now.

I like him, but I think he excells in a 3 man midfield with 2 of them being defensive. He wouldn't get to play that very often. I'm ok with whatever Pep decides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.