Dowd

Ric said:
I'm no fan of Dowd, and feared the worst when he was appointed. Gave us little in the first half, but then seemed to give a lot of soft decisions our way in the second half, until the last five minutes. Anyone blaming him for our defeat today, though, is being ridiculous. We deserved to lose regardless of the ref. The linesman, on the East Stand side, was awful though.

Standard Bluemoon response when we get beat. Blame someone else!

Ref conversations seem to be the same every week not just here but I am sure every team has them...

I think Mike Riley should be very very worried that there seems to as much talk about referees than there is about players all season...

There is only one direction this is going in and it is inevitable, especially with hopefully a new FIFA pres soon, and that is Video Technology being introduced for the 4th official...

Anyone who moans about "it takes too much time" and "slows the game down" ... shut up, we waste about 30 seconds for every decision which we could use for reviewing the video... Also if home viewers can watch it instantly in 3 different angles within almost 10 seconds I am sure we can give the 4th official a tv screen and some training on how to fast forward and rewind in slo-mo to give us better f*cking decisions!

I looked at a load of decisions this season which went against us, penalties, tackles, offside goals against us etc. and if we had Video Tech just for Pens, we would way way better off versus the decisions wrongly given to us too...

The linesman was awful on the Colin Bell Stand side of the pitch. Could keep up with the run of play at all.

There were instances when Dowd was not watching the play. At one point he was looking across 30-odd yards to the Boro techy area. Play went on regardless. And the playing of the advantage yesterday was the most bizarre I've seen for many a day. When you have a foul within sniffing distance of the goal, and Killer Kollers on the pitch, the advantage is to give the free kick, not let play run on into a fuckin' brick wall!

As well as the penalties there were a few other things that stood out.

- Bamford went through the back of our players a few times yet never got booked.
- Ayala was booked then committed a second yellow card offence later on but didn't get a card.
- In the first half there was a foul on one of our defenders deep in our half yet he played advantage, even though the defender was facing his own goal. How was playing on an advantage in that situation?

Most weeks when you see him reffing he seems to give pens and dole out red cards like a nonce in a
Playground with a bag of hariboes the fat fucker ain't got it no more time to go Mr Jupiter.

I remember when he looked like Bob off emmerdale ,he now looks like he has scanned every cow in emmerdale lol.

Dowd should have booked himself yesterday for time wasting. Every stop in play allowed him to have a little rest. Not fit enough to referee and happy to just waddle around the centre circle.

cookster said:
Ric said:
I'm no fan of Dowd, and feared the worst when he was appointed. Gave us little in the first half, but then seemed to give a lot of soft decisions our way in the second half, until the last five minutes. Anyone blaming him for our defeat today, though, is being ridiculous. We deserved to lose regardless of the ref. The linesman, on the East Stand side, was awful though.

Standard Bluemoon response when we get beat. Blame someone else!

and mike dean giving a penalty which he clearly didn't see?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.